lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Service manual

Did U Get One
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #12
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Yes! But I downloaded mine from Yamaha's web site when they still allowed it.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #13
bisquit476
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Tony,

So, Yamaha offered the manual in pdf format at one time? That would be the way to offer it, print the page you need and done. Save a tree. Don't mind the $49.50 price tag for the book, but the $22.00 charge between shipping and handling, ouch.
bisquit476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #14
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

They didn't offer it it was a view on their site and probably did not know they were down loadable. I got some others on e-bay. The G2/G9 and the HD manuals were on E-bay and fairly reasonable. I did not know they were copywritten and I was almost giving copies away. So I had to stop it. They are still on e-bay sometimes for about $10.00.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #15
lanesharon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

For those of you who DO have a manual for the G1, is it worth the money for someone who is brand new to working on golf cars? I mean, does it tell you step by step how to do things, like a Chilton manual? Since I am on a limited monthly income, I hate to spend that kind of money and find out it is useless.

Also, is the G2 close enough, mechanically, to the G1, to be able to use that manual (the price is a LOT cheaper on ebay).

Thanks for any answers.
lanesharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 AM   #16
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The G1 manual is an excellent resource for information. I highly recommend it, and use mine all the time for specifications and procedures that I am not familiar with. Definitely worth the money. it has step-by-step procedures, but it was written for dealership techs with good mechanical skills and proper tools, not a total newbie. If you have been tinkering on mechanical stuff for awhile, you'll be fine. The G1 is a totally different animal than the G2 and up series. G1's are 2-stroke engines, the newer ones are 4-stroke and are completely different. This is where the manual is an invaluable resource to help you.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #17
lanesharon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply GMB. I have been working on my cars and trucks for many decades, starting with my 1972 Fiat; including belts, hoses, starters, alternators, water pumps, tuneups, fluid changes, some electronics. If I didn't know what I was doing, I used a Chilton's manual to learn or asked a few of my 'wrencher' friends for advice.

I have never worked on a yard tractor or any other 2 cycle engine. So, this is all new to me. I am just hoping that this manual is as explanatory as a Chilton's auto manual. If I run into problems, can I post pictures of the G1 itself and ask for advice here? If so, where is the best place to post my questions?
lanesharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #18
rib33024

lanesharon-This is where you would post any thing about your cart, and yes ask any thing you want to know , some one will help you, --and we like pics--

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-yamaha/
Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #19
rib33024

Old 05-01-2010, 05:31 AM   #20
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you were able to work on a Fiat , you will have no problems working on a buggy.
Sorry, couldn't help myself. I used to own an import car repair shop, and I found Fiats to be something of an, um, challenge for me
If you have any problems or questions, post them here. We will be glad to help
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha