lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2021, 10:40 PM   #1
Pupi305
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Controller fried???

Good Evening Buds,

So super pissed the last two days as I am building my 2010 txt48 from the ground up (disclaimer I am not a professional but love to do my own work and learn) I decided to mess with the brakes as when I pressure washed the chassis to paint brakes started to stick and pedal was also getting stuck in the pedal down position. I cleaned and greased the spring and adjusted the pedal and brakes and it seemed to work ( I hate messing with brakes). Body is off since I got it painted and running wires for under glow lights and some accessories. As I plug the charger port to the batteries grey+ red cable to positive and black to negative and a jumper from main positive to plug on harness as that charger plug is messed up. I turn switch to run and turn the key i hear something short out and cart doesn’t move. I remove the cover controller smells toast and I put my had over the solenoid over and it is hot as hell I remove the cover and the jumper with the diode is toast.

I wanted to get a controller eventually to speed up the cart but now I am worried if I buy another controller if it will short out. The only thing I can think possibly happened is #1 there was a loose cable from the ignition however wasn’t stripped maybe touches the front suspension. #2 only on the power cables on the controller was touching another cable but they were both heat shrunk but did see it damaged therefore don’t see it shorting there besides if it were touching dont think it would matter if the tow/run switch was on or not it would have probably caught fire. And #3 maybe the motor is shorting out even though a week ago I drove it up and down the block.

Where should I start? Can i test my motor for shorts? I am so lost right now. I really don’t want to fry a new controller. Thanks in advance for your time and input.
Pupi305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2021, 05:01 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller fried???

With a continuity test you can check the motor first ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HTY...w?usp=drivesdk
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:37 AM   #3
Pupi305
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
With a continuity test you can check the motor first ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HTY...w?usp=drivesdk
Thanks just printed this going to test this afternoon. Shouldn’t matter that motor is on the cart right as long as the cables are disconnected?
Old 04-21-2021, 05:53 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

For correct readings, disconnect the motor from controller ( Run/tow switch in tow! )
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:40 PM   #5
Pupi305
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
For correct readings, disconnect the motor from controller ( Run/tow switch in tow! )
Got it! Going to try that tomorrow just finished working :(.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:41 AM   #6
Pupi305
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Motor checked out just ordered a Navitas controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO