lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
JBDiNos
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 1989 Club Car Carry All

I am thinking about buying this 1989 Club Car Carry all. Would like some background information about it first. Are there any problems with these?
Do they make a lift kit specifically for these? This is in very good shape and fairly cheap. Does any information about this?
Thanks

JBDiNos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 1989 Club Car Carry All

Club Car makes a decent cart. I think 89 is a flathead and not a bad motor. Check the compression on it if you want.
I've noticed ignition coils have a tendency to go out but most times it's just once in the life of the cart, Haven't really seen a lot of issues with the flathead.
If it hasn't been abused the aluminum frame should be in good shape but do check it under the battery area and the front for cracks.
Check the front and rear suspension, bushings, tierods, play in steering wheel.
Depending on the asking price, the carts looks good from the picture but check it out, you can chrome plate a turd but it will still stink.....
Plenty of options on lifts available.

Keep us posted and throw us some more pics if you get it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you post a serial # from the cart...... It looks more like a regulas DS model with a box...than a carryall?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Here is an early Carryall pic.... notice how the rear body is different. This is a 1990 Carryall 1 which was built on the same frame as the DS... don't pay extra for a Carryall when you are getting a DS ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1398.jpg (186.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
JBDiNos
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I haven't looked at it yet. I'm just going by what they told me. They are only asking $1200.00 for it. They bought a brand new one for their campground and just want to get rid of it. It seems like a fairly good deal. I am gonna test drive it and check it out in the morning. So for $1200.00 it doesn't matter if its a carry all or regular one to me.
JBDiNos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Everything you would ever want to add on is available for a 1989 DS
Old 10-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i aggr with scottyb, it looks like a regular one with a plastic box added on, i have a carryall 2, and it looks like the one he posted, but with a lifted a=supension, knobby tires and a front bumber grill, from the dealer. its that way factory, no add ones. mine a 99 though. serial number under dash on right side if you need to know that.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
broscarts
Not Yet Wild

First post for me. Brother and I have two Club Cars. A 2004 Precedent and a 1990 Carryall II. Both are Gas. Use the heck out of both of them on our 10 acre ranch. The Carryall is definitely "Old School" compared to the Precedent, but with over 4,000 hours (no kidding) it runs llke a champ. Parts appear to be readily available for the '90 and they are pretty simple to maintain. It is all original, and very well built. Paid $1,000.00 for it about 4 months ago, and haven't regretted it yet.
broscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car