lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #21
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2001 Club Car Series 48v - Acc Pedal Jumping

Sergio - here is the model and info.. Looks like it is an AXE controller

As far LED, yes it has a green light but I've only noticed it at full throttle it will light on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (110.4 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2015, 06:26 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

We could potentially get into software territory now as the AXE controller is programmable and someone could have messed up the throttle type and response curve.

The LED should blink when power is applied, normally terminal #1 is powered by the MCOR micro switch.

However Your cart is wired, when controller terminal #1 gets +48v, the LED should blink Green a certain number of times that will correspond to the currently configured throttle type.

The LED should then remain Green, if it Blinks Red, the number of blinks is an error code.

When the controller acknowledges full throttle the LED should turn Yellow.

You should still make the voltage measurements on Terminal #3, but the meaning of the readings will depend on the currently configured throttle type.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #23
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
We could potentially get into software territory now as the AXE controller is programmable and someone could have messed up the throttle type and response curve.

The LED should blink when power is applied, normally terminal #1 is powered by the MCOR micro switch.

However Your cart is wired, when controller terminal #1 gets +48v, the LED should blink Green a certain number of times that will correspond to the currently configured throttle type.

The LED should then remain Green, if it Blinks Red, the number of blinks is an error code.

When the controller acknowledges full throttle the LED should turn Yellow.

You should still make the voltage measurements on Terminal #3, but the meaning of the readings will depend on the currently configured throttle type.
It's slow even at full speed, so I assume someone reprogrammed it. I will take the measurements from the controller again here shortly but on correct B- side of controller this time and post results shortly. I see a light at the end of the tunnel
Old 12-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #24
Role
Gone Wild

Sergio - new test results are in
Pedal Up: 0
10-20% pressed: 1.00
50%: 2.55
70%: 1.25
100%: 6.17

Led does light up blinks 7 times and solid at full speed!
Old 12-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #25
Role
Gone Wild

So, I would assume that's why the cart is jerking at mid throttle .. It's going from 2.55 to 1.25 and back up to 6.17

Wonder why it is doing this?
Does that mean the MCOR is bad?
Or time to reprogram the AXE controller?
Old 12-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The throttle type is good, 7 blinks = MCOR type 3 wire throttle.

Using the AXE Software You can only change how the controller interprets the throttle input, not the actual input signal itself, so it can not affect your readings.

The controller software is acknowledging 100% output, so no need to mess with the software.

Your readings are consistent with an oxidized MCOR resistance or wiper track.

Just curious, did You not notice that anomaly around 70% throttle on the tests you did on post #4?

The reason I am asking is that the resistance test using the multimeter puts such a small current in the system (microamps) that it may not expose an oxidized connection.

This could be good information for future members when testing their MCOR.

I thought You had a new MCOR, but in any case, You can press the accelerator pedal all the way down and release it about 50 times and see if the problem/readings improves temporarily.

You can look at the pictures in this great sticky about the inside of the MCOR, oxidation can develop either in the resistance track or the wiper rail track and cause a high resistance when the contacts are over that area.

The pressing the pedal routine above can temporarily blast off the oxidation and improve the connection over that area.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-01-04-ds.html

If that works, Your best bet is to replace the MCOR.

Also, that picture of Your controller explains something else, 650 amps is way too much for the stock mechanical type FNR, just not enough pressure on those connection pads for that much current.

You may want to consider at least a HD FNR or better a reversing contactor.

You also need to replace the remaining cables with 2ga, You can use a "threaded stud" and 2 separate cables for the connection through the OBC.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #27
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The throttle type is good, 7 blinks = MCOR type 3 wire throttle.

Using the AXE Software You can only change how the controller interprets the throttle input, not the actual input signal itself, so it can not affect your readings.

The controller software is acknowledging 100% output, so no need to mess with the software.

Your readings are consistent with an oxidized MCOR resistance or wiper track.

Just curious, did You not notice that anomaly around 70% throttle on the tests you did on post #4?

The reason I am asking is that the resistance test using the multimeter puts such a small current in the system (microamps) that it may not expose an oxidized connection.

This could be good information for future members when testing their MCOR.

I thought You had a new MCOR, but in any case, You can press the accelerator pedal all the way down and release it about 50 times and see if the problem/readings improves temporarily.

You can look at the pictures in this great sticky about the inside of the MCOR, oxidation can develop either in the resistance track or the wiper rail track and cause a high resistance when the contacts are over that area.

The pressing the pedal routine above can temporarily blast off the oxidation and improve the connection over that area.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-01-04-ds.html

If that works, Your best bet is to replace the MCOR.

Also, that picture of Your controller explains something else, 650 amps is way too much for the stock mechanical type FNR, just not enough pressure on those connection pads for that much current.

You may want to consider at least a HD FNR or better a reversing contactor.

You also need to replace the remaining cables with 2ga, You can use a "threaded stud" and 2 separate cables for the connection through the OBC.
This is a NEW MCOR, which is what aggravates me. New as in, just replaced it a week ago.

Secondly, I've experienced issues with the MCOR before and have gained speed by opening them and resoldering due to a weak solder. I've even converted the pedal adapters on them using a non working MCOR because some are star shaped and some are oval with flat sides that fit on the pivot rod.

I've pumped the pedal about 75 times to try and get a different result already and it did nothing, but it has worked in the past on other carts.

As far as the FNR switch, I asked my local Club Car dealer for a heavy duty one and he said they only sold one kind. I explained I had an AXE controller, upgraded motor, etc.. He said this switch was capable of handling over a 1000amps with no problems.

I guess I'll crack the MCOR open and see if a heavy solder and clean motherboard will do the trick.

Attached are some photos of 2 MCORS, I previously converted ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (153.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #28
Role
Gone Wild

Pic 2 MCOR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (176.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #29
Role
Gone Wild

Pic 3 MCOR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (164.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Soldering the connections should not have any effect if the issue is only in a portion of the range.

It would either be oxidation or possibly a warped shaft that moves the contacts further apart from the pc board on portions of the travel.

Did You notice the resistance variance at 70% throttle when you measured it back in post #4?

This could be significant as I just noticed in the revised AXE diagram for Club Car the Green and Yellow wires are reversed on the MCOR drawing.

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...6-wire-dia.pdf
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car