lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
MC1
Getting Wild

Default Club Car Precedent Wiring question

Putting a new dash onto our project.

What are the black/yellow and red wires for that are located near the charger light?

Kind of hoping it's for 12v aux stuff.

Note the brown and Orange go to the charge light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash wiring.jpg (92.3 KB, 0 views)
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Wiring question

That is for an optional always ON 48v battery voltmeter (red is +48v, black/yellow is negative).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
MC1
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is for an optional always ON 48v battery voltmeter (red is +48v, black/yellow is negative).
Like this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51qe2E-M32L._SX425_.jpg (28.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-23-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
MC1
Getting Wild

Also, i was going to not going to reinstall the charge light, any reason to have it if you have the voltmeter?

Installing a delux light kit. Any way to tap into that harness for 12v power to run stereo?
Old 12-23-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you are still using the OBC it is a good idea to leave the battery warning light connected as it is a faulty indicator for that charging system.

That voltmeter will work on those wires.

The 12v question will depend on where you installed the dc voltage converter, but there is a blue/white wire from the bucket harness that can either carry +48v for a front mounted converter or +12v if the converter is mounted on the battery area.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
MC1
Getting Wild

Quote:
If you are still using the OBC it is a good idea to leave the battery warning light connected as it is a faulty indicator for that charging system.

That voltmeter will work on those wires.

The 12v question will depend on where you installed the dc voltage converter, but there is a blue/white wire from the bucket harness that can either carry +48v for a front mounted converter or +12v if the converter is mounted on the battery area.
Since I'm going with a Lester Summit on board charger, I pulled the OBC. So I'll just leave the warning light hidden behind the new dash vs. cutting a hole in it.

I'll cut a hole for the 48v voltmeter instead.

Got 2 more wires that I believe will be hooked up to the 12v converter for the lighting harness. The blue with the spade connector to the 12v+ on the converter; the black with the bullet connector to the ground. correct?

I think the harness that comes with the lighting kit gives me 12v wiring coming off the harness that is supplied in the kit vs. running a set of wires back to the converter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12v wiring.jpg (160.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-24-2015, 10:53 PM   #7
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Hey Sergio ...I don't mean to hijack this thread but since you pointed out that the unused red wire and black/yellow wire could be used for a SOC meter that would be on all the time, could I use the black/yellow wire as a ground wire for the SOC meter and run the positive wire from the SOC meter to the keyed switch positive wire so that the meter would turn off with the switch ? I am fixing to install one of Scotty's meters and if I can do this I wouldn't have to run wires all the way back to the battery pack. my cart is a 2011 precedent excel
Thanks
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:49 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

MC1, since you removed the OBC, the warning light can be removed from the cart as well.

If you are mounting your 48-to-12 volts converter by the battery compartment, you can use the blue wire of the bucket harness to bring +12v to the dash harness.

Most converters have a common negative for both the 48v and 12v sides, so unless you have a manual that says otherwise, you can use the black wire with the bullet connector.

fishbooz, on your Excel you can use the blue wire side of the keyswitch in conjunction with the black/yellow wire for the voltmeter.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:24 PM   #9
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks Sergio !
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car