lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Fixing up my 02' 36v ezgo txt pds

Hello Buggiesgonewild... This is the cart I bought about a month ago. Bought it with no charger and not running so I took a big risk considering I've never owned a cart and got it for a good price for a quick fix cart that already has the look appeal that I can drive in my neighborhood and take to the course.
What I've done so far is I've charged the batteries in a 12v series with my car charger and all the batteries are holding at 34.5 volts (will charger recognize at that voltage?) so I'm hoping the batteries will last me a bit but won't know until I get my dpi charger sat. I also changed all battery connections and cables over to 4 gauge, check battery water levels, etc just about everything I can do until I get the charger.
My journey on this cart fix up is just beginning and seems to be getting really addicting but I've got to get it running before I try to do too much to it. Hope y'all will tag along and I'm just learning as I go. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5873.jpg (302.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5871.jpg (199.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5872.jpg (148.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5877.jpg (210.0 KB, 0 views)
Golfer24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #2
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fixing up my 02' 36v ezgo txt pds

I have a few questions as to the wiring of the cart how the previous owner had it. I'll do the questions in separate posts so they won't be Jumbled together with the pics I have and please bare with me.
Pic 1&2 are the before and after of battery cleaning and new cables. After I charged the batteries I tested voltage with old corroded cables on and was only getting 32 volts. After cable change and clean up I am getting 34.5. Hopefully that's a good sign for the batteries they are holding charge while waiting for charger.

Question is about the third picture. The only 2 auxiliary items the previous owner had was the non led head/tail light set and an overhead radio with speakers. I've traced the lines from battery to toggle switch in cubbie hole for the radio so I have removed both the pos and neg from battery for that item. I believe he had the lights wired to a reducer on the other side of pack that's no longer there or had unhooked them from battery all together. Not sure but to get to my question the wire I have not taken off the pos battery terminal is the black one with inline fuse then connects to red u can see I'm holding (with inspection tag around it). It is connected to the wiring harness coming out of the controller box. Not sure what purpose it serves my only guess is power to solenoid because I believe the 4gauge black wire coming out is power to controllerAny ideas would be appreciated so I don't unhook the wrong wire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5843.jpg (213.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5884.jpg (192.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5902.jpg (128.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That wire used to go to the reed safety switch in the charger socket. When those go bad people just bypass it. That wire is where it should be.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #4
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Kgsc- so are your saying the previous owner has bypassed the reed safety switch with the wire hooked up the way it is now. I def will not remove it! Thanks
Old 02-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #5
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I found this wire while digging through the dash with cup holders removed. Any idea of what it is?
Also Looks like the beeper has been disabled also which doesn't bother me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5901.jpg (239.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's the antenna wire for the radio you don't have?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #7
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Haha ok thanks Scotty
Old 02-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You won't miss that buzzer until you back into something or need the get the diagnostic codes.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #9
Golfer24/7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Installed my battery meter today and will install these bad boys later this evening!

I asked the interstate battery guy how these batteries compare with the number 1 golf cart battery Trojan. He said Trojan actually makes these interstate batteries. Good to know! Can't wait to get rolling
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5936.jpg (239.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5934.jpg (137.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5935.jpg (151.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Make sure to keep your receipt. Those batteries are from 8/2016.

Trojan makes those batteries for Interstate ?... hmm

Trojan makes Powertron but never heard of them making other brands.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO