lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Help with TXT rear lift

My neighbor has a TXT that he asked me to help him out with. He just go it a month ago. It was already lifted and in the rear it looks like the prior owner just put 12" long shackles on the stock rear suspension. I think it's a 4" or 6" spindle lift in the front. So he wants me to help him make it right and add HD leaf springs because he added a rear seat and it now sags in the back a little bit. Plus the shackles just seem like a half @ss way to lift the rear.

Does anybody know if we can get just the rear blocks/hardware to lift the rear correctly and put stock shackles on? I would hate for him to have to buy a complete lift kit just for the parts for the back. If I measure the front spindles, should I be able to determine what height lift blocks we need for the back?

Also, is there any difference in the available HD rear springs? Is one brand better than another? All of the springs seem to be priced about the same regardless of what brand, so I'm going to have him order them from a site sponsor, just curious if any are a preferred brand.

Thanks!!
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with TXT rear lift

I tried to find a REAR ONLY left kit....and I don't believe you will find one. you are right, whom ever just put the LONG shackles on the back, was wrong in doing so, as what they should have done was to put the lift blocks on the axel. with all my searching....I have not been able to find a "REAR LIFT" only kit.....the closest thing price wise would be to get one of the "Economy Lift Kit's" which have the rear blocks in them....and are only about $80. That or try searching through ebay.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I tried to find a REAR ONLY left kit....and I don't believe you will find one. you are right, whom ever just put the LONG shackles on the back, was wrong in doing so, as what they should have done was to put the lift blocks on the axel. with all my searching....I have not been able to find a "REAR LIFT" only kit.....the closest thing price wise would be to get one of the "Economy Lift Kit's" which have the rear blocks in them....and are only about $80. That or try searching through ebay.
Yeah, I looked all over as well. Once I figure out what he needs in the back so it matches the front I might call Jakes to see if they will sell just the rear block stuff. If not, the econo lift is a good idea. I'm guessing that even if Jakes will sell just the rear stuff it will probably be close to $80 anyway.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
crash test dummy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rear-6-Inche...4AAOSw2GlXJ877
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO