lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default 96 ezgo shaking

I have a 96 ezgo that I recently had given to me. I put a charger on the cart and the pack reads 36.6, but when i try to drive it it stutters and shakes real bad and moves ever so slowly. I've only managed to drive it out of the cartshed and around my truck and back into the shed a couple of times. The first time after I had charged the batteries individually and the second time after I placed the charger off my other cart[06 EZGO] with crowfoot type ends on it overnight. The DVOM drops a small amount when the pedal is depressed but not a lot. Now this cart has been sitting a while but after charging the pack reads 36.6. Any thoughts besides you need a new pack? That is what I'm thinking but my 06 needs a new pack as well and I really don't want to buy two sets at the same time.
If you have any ideas what to check I would be grateful. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 96 ezgo shaking

Yeah 36.6 volts is not good, you want it around 40 volts. When you plug in your charger and it only shows 36 volts your charger may not be working properly either, when you plug it in it should jump to over 40 volts. So either your batteries are bad, or your charger has not really been charging for some time. Load test each battery to determine if they are all bad
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO