lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
mrthestuff
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2006 Club Car (Battery/Power)

I have a 2006 Club Car (4 - 12V batteries). I have checked the water levels and all are good. After a full charge when pressing the accelerator the cart takes off fast, but then you feel the speed go way down. Do you think it is time to replace the batteries or could it be something else. Also, I haven't had a chance to check the voltage on the batteries yet.
mrthestuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Club Car (Battery/Power)

I would start with a speed sensor test. Just push your cart forward or back a few feet and see if the reverse buzzer goes off or if you feel resistance.

What is the date code on your batteries, and can you measure and tell us what the pack voltage is.

Check out this the thread I have linked below:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ow-moving.html

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:46 PM   #3
mrthestuff
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unfortunately, there is no date code on the batteries. I will check the battery voltage (as a bank and individually) tonight and also perform the speed sensor test. Thanks!!!
Old 08-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Look at the lead post bases. Look for a single number and two separate letters stamped into one base on each battery.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
mrthestuff
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just tested the batteries. The batteries had a full charge (charger was turned off). Disconnected the charger and plugged it back in. Then I tested each battery: 13.7, 13.9, 14.1 and 14.1. Then tested the whole battery back, 55.9.

I did the speed sensor test. No beeping going forward and backwards, did the length of my two car garage. I had the key in, in the on position and in forward.

I saw C8 on the batteries.

BTW: Go NOLES!!!

Thanks again for the help.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #6
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, I think your battery pack tested well, but you need to do it again after 12 hours, and see how much it loses.
C8 is March 2008, making them 9.5 years old, it's amazing you have what you have.

It also sounds like your speed sensor is bad. It should cause the reverse buzzer to go off after you push it forward or back about 2 feet.

I would contact David at Revolution Golf Cars, and if he concurs with the diagnosis he can fix you up with a new speed sensor. Don't buy the cheap ones on eBay, too many people report issues with them.

Aflyer
Old 08-28-2017, 10:23 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthestuff View Post
I just tested the batteries. The batteries had a full charge (charger was turned off). Disconnected the charger and plugged it back in. Then I tested each battery: 13.7, 13.9, 14.1 and 14.1. Then tested the whole battery back, 55.9.

I did the speed sensor test. No beeping going forward and backwards, did the length of my two car garage. I had the key in, in the on position and in forward.

I saw C8 on the batteries.

BTW: Go NOLES!!!

Thanks again for the help.
Yes, Go 'Noles!!

C8 is March '08!

Maybe a speed sensor, but check the pack first.

You cannot accurately check the voltages with the charger plugged in. You are reading the charging voltage as opposed the the battery or pack voltage. Fully charge the pack until it automatically turns off and then without any usage, check again after 12 hours and do the pack and then each individual battery.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:29 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And what Aflyer said....
Old 08-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #9
mrthestuff
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My plan was to let the charger run its cycle again and then check. I unplugged the charger when I left for work this morning and will check the batteries when I get home. I am doubtful they are still good since they are 2008 batteries. After I sent the reply last night, I figured out how to check the year.

I was going to ask about the speed sensors. I see some on Amazon for ~$20.00 and then others for around ~$100.00. Also, I see on Amazon there is a magnet that says it adds 3-6 MPH. What are your thoughts?
Old 08-29-2017, 08:52 AM   #10
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

mrthestuff,
My thoughts are, you don't know what you are getting from Amazon.

If you get the speed magnet and the speed sensor from a site sponsor you know you are getting quality parts with technical support to install them.

I don't know where you are located but look at both of these sponsors:

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/store

http://www.cartsunlimited.net

Aflyer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car