lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2017, 07:35 PM   #11
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 12v vs 6v Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldngray View Post
I thank you, will leave it as is. Have a lot of corrosion and need to replace/repair the battery rack. Using Duracells and several are wet on top whenever I finished charging, of course the acid ends up on the rack and the garage floor.
She said I was too old (81) to lift these things and they did feel a lot heavier than I thought they would be, but I did manage to get all six out without doing any damage to myself.
Maybe you are over filling the batteries. Roughly, add water AFTER they are charged if needed unless the plates are exposed. Then, add only enough to cover them before charging.

Get a battery lifting handle. It is plastic and bolts to the terminals. Makes getting them up a little easier.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #12
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Problems? It was not a CC, but wouldn't this confuse the charger and harm the batteries?
That combination is a new one for me.

Yes, that has to confuse the charger, and screw up the batteries...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #13
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you think the 6 volt batteries are a little heavy, what do you think the 12 volt batteries would feel like. I'm 71 and trying to come up with some kind of way to use a jack hoist on my 8 volt batteries for the next time I have to change them.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:18 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
That combination is a new one for me.

Yes, that has to confuse the charger, and screw up the batteries...
That's what I thought!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Problems? It was not a CC, but wouldn't this confuse the charger and harm the batteries?
In CC's, the OBC's are relatively the same with 6x8's and 4x12's with the only major difference being the regen portion. And the charger cannot see each battery's charge, it only sees the "pack" charge thus it will take it up to the desired charge and cut off.

I am not saying to do it or it is a good thing, I am just saying it will work and is obvious since he had it that way. Logically, you can surmise that it will eventually ruin the 12v or kill the 8v's over time....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:08 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
In CC's, the OBC's are relatively the same with 6x8's and 4x12's with the only major difference being the regen portion. And the charger cannot see each battery's charge, it only sees the "pack" charge thus it will take it up to the desired charge and cut off.

I am not saying to do it or it is a good thing, I am just saying it will work and is obvious since he had it that way. Logically, you can surmise that it will eventually ruin the 12v or kill the 8v's over time....
No doubt it will work But not good practice, Exactly.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car