lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2020, 10:21 PM   #11
Steallife904
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help with speed options, lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I can reprogram the stock controller and turn on Freedom mode without the passkey. 22" tires will be a challenge for the stock 250 Amp TXT48 controller, especially on hills. With the reprogramming and Freedom mode on, you should be able to exceed 25 MPH on the flats.
So your saying if I unlock freedom mode I may get up to 25mph on the road but going to have issues going up hills or off-road? And how could I get you to do the unlock? Thank you
Steallife904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2020, 06:34 AM   #12
Robbiecaud
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

@BobBoyce I have someone reaching out to me setting up an appointment for you to stop by and reprogram my cart next week. Just doing my due diligence and sending you another message to confirm the validity.

I have been a victim of identity theft before and am a little gun shy with giving out too much information via the web without confirming. A direct reply form you would help.
Robbiecaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:35 AM   #13
Robbiecaud
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I can reprogram the stock controller and turn on Freedom mode without the passkey. 22" tires will be a challenge for the stock 250 Amp TXT48 controller, especially on hills. With the reprogramming and Freedom mode on, you should be able to exceed 25 MPH on the flats.
I have someone reaching out to me setting up an appointment for you to stop by and reprogram my cart next week. Just doing my due diligence and sending you another message to confirm the validity.

I have been a victim of identity theft before and am a little gun shy with giving out too much information via the web without confirming.
Robbiecaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiecaud View Post
I have someone reaching out to me setting up an appointment for you to stop by and reprogram my cart next week. Just doing my due diligence and sending you another message to confirm the validity.

I have been a victim of identity theft before and am a little gun shy with giving out too much information via the web without confirming.
usgicollector helps me by collecting contact info so we can schedule my route on these programming trips.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:11 PM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steallife904 View Post
So your saying if I unlock freedom mode I may get up to 25mph on the road but going to have issues going up hills or off-road? And how could I get you to do the unlock? Thank you
If you use, or have a dealer use, the passkey to unlock Freedom mode... It will reduce your controllers output power by an additional 12%. You need more power to turn larger tires, not less. This is exactly why the passkey is set up to do that, to combat users of larger tires from gaining more speed. If you use the passkey solution, you'll gain downhill speed at the cost of level ground and uphill speed. We don't need a passkey to reprogram a stock Curtis controller for more speed and power.

I'm making a trip next week, will be going south on I-95 past Jacksonville. Send a PM to usgicollector, he handles collecting contact information so we can schedule stops on my trips.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:16 PM   #16
stacey M
Not Yet Wild

Hello Bob

hoping you can direct me. Like the guy above, i don't like to be passed up in my cart. I have 2014 EZ GO RXV
controller is Curtis model 1206ac-5201 / motor is letrika AMT 7120 30 V 3.3 KW

I get about 21ish MPH torque off the line excellent. I would like more speed, preferably not losing torque

what can do? Thanks so much
stacey M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:28 PM   #17
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey M View Post
Hello Bob

hoping you can direct me. Like the guy above, i don't like to be passed up in my cart. I have 2014 EZ GO RXV
controller is Curtis model 1206ac-5201 / motor is letrika AMT 7120 30 V 3.3 KW

I get about 21ish MPH torque off the line excellent. I would like more speed, preferably not losing torque

what can do? Thanks so much
Where do you live?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:06 PM   #18
Steallife904
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
If you use, or have a dealer use, the passkey to unlock Freedom mode... It will reduce your controllers output power by an additional 12%. You need more power to turn larger tires, not less. This is exactly why the passkey is set up to do that, to combat users of larger tires from gaining more speed. If you use the passkey solution, you'll gain downhill speed at the cost of level ground and uphill speed. We don't need a passkey to reprogram a stock Curtis controller for more speed and power.

I'm making a trip next week, will be going south on I-95 past Jacksonville. Send a PM to usgicollector, he handles collecting contact information so we can schedule stops on my trips.
Hey Bobby, i sent a message to usgicollector. I am still slightly worried about reprogramming my stock controller with my 22in tires and having an issue losing torque and not being able to go up hills, drive in grass or dirt. Should i be???
-i was about to order a 400amp alltrax controller and solenoid to avoid that but still stuck on what i should do (cost is the reason for still thinking about it :) ).
Whats your take and if i did order it is that something you could install (not sure if you do that)?
Steallife904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:01 AM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steallife904 View Post
Hey Bobby, i sent a message to usgicollector. I am still slightly worried about reprogramming my stock controller with my 22in tires and having an issue losing torque and not being able to go up hills, drive in grass or dirt. Should i be???
-i was about to order a 400amp alltrax controller and solenoid to avoid that but still stuck on what i should do (cost is the reason for still thinking about it :) ).
Whats your take and if i did order it is that something you could install (not sure if you do that)?
Yes, you should be concerned. The stock controller was designed to drive tires up to 20.5" and can be manually tweaked for tires up to 21". I designed and built custom electric vehicles for over 15 years, designed and patented controllers, and wrote the OS for controllers. People are not being guided properly by those they trust for advice, the dealers! The dealers should be honest and tell them to limit their tire size with stock controllers, up front. Tell the customer that going oversize on tires for the capacity of the controller WILL lead to controller failure, eventually. You can overheat cycle a controller only so many times before it fails. Electronics are damaged by overheat, and this damage adds up, each time it occurs. I can only extend the life of the stock controller and increase performance, by reprogramming the controller to tune it best for the new conditions that it must operate under, and by tweaking the motor maps. The BEST solution for your situation is to replace your existing controller with a 500 Amp Alltrax. That way, you can download maps for your motor yourself. Your motor IS still going to run hotter than it should, because it is being abused by trying to drive tires that really require a higher horsepower motor. EV design is to use the proper components for the desired application. You have altered the application that your cart was designed for. So now, changes need to be made to allow it to survive those changes, especially long term. All of this could have been avoided if the dealer had been honest with you from the start and told you to limit your tire size. The dealer would have had to know that you would be back for upgrades. I do not install upgrade controllers on DC carts. AC drive is where the future of EV design is. It is way more efficient, and is not based upon massive current to drive the motor to speed. You only need enough current to maintain rotor lock with the rotating magnetic field in the stator.

The last time I was called Bobby was in my youth. Before Albert Einstein passed. I do not look my age due to medical technology that I invented and patended, not from living well. LOL

Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO