lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2020, 06:20 PM   #1
Bolt45
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear Wheel Knocking

I recently acquired a 2008 ezgo txt 36v cart and have been loving it. Since I’ve had the cart I’ve had to replace both of the brake drums due to learning the limitations of the cart. Rear tires were stuck on a curb and I tried to gas it and stripped the splines out of the brake hub. Anyways, lately I’ve noticed a knock coming from the rear driver side tire. The knock is more pronounced when going up hill and the faster I go the faster the noise gets. What are some good ways to diagnose this? The axle nut was torqued to 100ft lbs and is still tight. The lug nuts are on tight. Any other things to diagnose? I was thinking possibly a bad wheel bearing issue maybe. Thanks in advance!
Bolt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear Wheel Knocking

Knock do you mean noise with each revolution of the wheel? Or noise when only under accel going up hills?
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:32 PM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Sounds like it could be an axle bearing which I think Cobra, 1 is trying to figure out with his questions as well. The knock would sound almost like a clicking sound.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:54 PM   #4
Bolt45
Not Yet Wild

Yeah the noise is with each revolution of the wheel. When going down hill I can’t seem to hear it but when going uphill and accelerating it’s a loud knock. If I drive slow and on a flat surface I can hear it each revolution.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Axle bearing is cheap and easy to change out I would start there as it really sounds like a bearing as you've stated you checked everything else in that area.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:39 PM   #6
Bolt45
Not Yet Wild

I noticed the knocking getting really loud today so I pulled the rear driver side tire off and pulled the axle out. The wheel bearing is definitely shot but I don’t have a vise to remove the wheel bearing. Any alternative ways or tricks to remove this bearing? The oil seal is shot too so I’ll replace it while I’m in there. Would it be a good idea to replace the rear passenger side wheel bearing and seal too?
Old 05-18-2020, 09:44 PM   #7
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Replace both sides.
Should be a sticky on forum describing bearing replacement.Not that difficult if you follow step by step instructions. Forum seaarch will also show pictures of those who have done it.
Get stuck,ask here😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:51 PM   #8
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=33992
Old 05-26-2020, 10:10 PM   #9
Bolt45
Not Yet Wild

Replaced both wheel bearings and oil seals and now it’s running like a charm, thanks for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO