lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2020, 03:23 PM   #11
offdutyagain
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie to RXV Electric

The shop was supposed to pick the car up today, so far, they are a no-show. The storage company is coming Thursday afternoon to put the car in storage, the family flies out Friday and I'm supposed to close everything up and drive out of here late Friday or early Saturday. So I don't have a whole lot of time.

I suppose as long as it works for the storage company, I can wait until November when we get back, it's just the uncertainty of what's going on.

Also, I'm not happy the shop charged me a hefty amount for a "new" motor brake and I look and see the manufacture date on the one on my cart is listed as 2012. Hardly a "new" brake.

The shop owner is putting the blame on his tech saying he misread the work order and installed a "used" unit by mistake. He was more concerned they undercharged me for the battery meter by $5.00.

I suppose I'll be doing my own maintenance going forward. I'll just have to deal with the HOA.
offdutyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't think installing a used brake on an RXV would ever be acceptable. I wouldn't do it even if it were free.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #13
offdutyagain
Not Yet Wild

Agreed, which is why I told him to install a new unit.

Frankly, I don't know if he did anything.

The cart is a 2008. Judging by the connectors it doesn't look like they were ever separated. There is dirt on both sides of the connector. It would stand to reason the original could have been replaced by the fleet owner in 2012 and this guy didn't do a darn thing other than charge my credit card.

He's claiming the brake in the car is his, but can't explain where my old one is as well as my old broken-faced battery meter. Not trying to cast dispersion because I wasn't there, and he's done work on the cart before without issue, but it sure seems strange that all the coincidences point to him having not worked on the cart except for replacing the battery meter which was partially removed to begin with.

Anyway, I learned a valuable lesson and will hopefully, with the help of this forum, be able to maintain this cart myself going forward.
offdutyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO