lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2020, 01:52 PM   #1
Buck9s
Not Yet Wild

Default Help my TXT Brake lights stopped working. What did I break?

I was trying to install a third brake light and after playing around a little my brake lights stopped working. I may or may not have connected wires that ran to the rear lights together. There are 3 wires running to each rear light: (1) Ground, (2) low (taillight), (3) high (brake or turn signal). The taillights and turn signals work fine but when I press the brake switch nothing. I tested the brake switch and it works but no power seems to be coming to it.

What did I break? I have what kit pictured here that is listed on eBay as the Super Deluxe LED Light Kit. It has what some call the upgraded turn signal switch.

Buck9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2020, 11:47 AM   #2
Buck9s
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help my TXT Brake lights stopped working. What did I break?

Does no one have any ideas or thoughts?

Since I'm not getting power to my brake pedal pressure switch could I run a separate 12v line from my switched DC converter to the brake pedal pressure switch? Does the wire coming off the brake pedal pressure switch go back to some type of controller or does it go straight to the rear lights?
Buck9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO