lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #1
bwbryant
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 EZ GO RXV Brake & Turn signal wiring

First time posting so go easy on me...

Well, I tried to go "cheap" and now have hit a dead end and could use some guidance on some wiring...

I have a 2010 EZ GO Electric RXV 2+2 that already had lights with turn signal installed. The turn signal on steering wheel column is a VSM 900. I upgraded the lights to MADJAX LED part# 02-004. I cut the connector on the MADJAX and spliced the MADJAX wires to the original harness to connect to the VSM 900 harness.

Problem 1: The turn signals will turn on but will not blink. No noise from the flasher. The current flasher is an electronic flasher 558 from VSM. The specs says it can be used for LEDs... I tried to install another electronic flasher (Novita EP35) and the turn signals will not even come on. Put the 558 back in and turns on but not blinking. I did notice the lights on the control column does not come on anymore either...

Problem 2: I am confused on how to get the brake lights to work. I have the original brake sensor wire that I tried to connect to the original brake relay then to the harness but I can hear it click and nothing else. I have even tried taking the brake sensor wire straight to a tail light but will not do anything that way either. Do I have to have a relay? If I do is there a special kind? Or can the sensor wire theoretically go straight to the lights?

I guess next time I will realize I am not an electrician and just get the plug and play option...

I appreciate any help that can be provided.
bwbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
clarker
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 EZ GO RXV Brake & Turn signal wiring

Did you ever figure this out?

I have a similar issue, I installed LED headlights and taillights into a 2016 RXV that already had the factory halogens. Rather than replace the entire harness, the web site I purchased them from said they could just be spliced to the existing wiring.

Brake lights work
Headlights work
Turn signals work fine without the headlights on
Once the headlights are turned on the turn signals operate very dim, almost can’t see them. In addition the normal clicking of the relay almost disappears.

The company I purchased them from suggested using their relay, if that didn't work I may have to replace all the wiring with their harness.

My concern with "trying" their relay, it's clearly marked 48 volts where the stock one says 12 volts.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I really would rather not replace the entire harness.

TIA,
clarker
clarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:57 AM   #3
10DOT
Not Yet Wild

Did you guys ever figure this out?
10DOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 11:19 PM   #4
iFragit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My experience.

When I received my 2010, the flashers did not work. Factory option installed with headlights, brake lights, flashers, etc. Went through a few of them a finally got something that worked.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once I got them to work normal, I got an LED headlight/taillight combo from Amazon and spliced it in with the factory harness. The cheap $100 kit came with a harness but not flasher control which I didn't care for. They do have individual wires for headlight and turn signal all the way to the plug and play harness. I just figured what wires were headlight and turn signal and spliced in accordingly. Everything works including my turn signal mirrors that I installed.
iFragit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO