lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
Click260
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ran great Friday...Runs slow now

Friday night my wife and I rode our cart around the neighborhood and it was running awesome. I fully charged it and took it out last night and now it only runs very slow. I charged again Saturday night and tried today (Sunday), still no love. When it first starts, it seems to be normal, but immediately slows down.

2017 EZGO Fleet TXT Elite With Samsung 60ah with freedom mode upgrade. Everything else is stock.

Any ideas at all what the problem could be?

We’ve only had this cart a few weeks and we are really upset that we already have an issue.

I was going to see if Bob Boyce could reprogram the cart for us. I heard he was coming through SC, but now I don’t know what to do. Any help/guidance/thoughts are appreciated.

I tried the search function, but have not found any useful information.
Click260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2020, 03:36 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Ran great Friday...Runs slow now

Sounds like a speed sensor. With it in F with the key on try pushing it with the brake off and see if it starts beeping. If so the speed sensor is working. If no beeping it doesn’t see the sensor and is going into like a limp mode. To get in touch with Bob send a message to usgicollector with name, location, cart information and a contact number.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
Click260
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Sounds like a speed sensor. With it in F with the key on try pushing it with the brake off and see if it starts beeping. If so the speed sensor is working. If no beeping it doesn’t see the sensor and is going into like a limp mode. To get in touch with Bob send a message to usgicollector with name, location, cart information and a contact number.
Copy Kosciusko and thx

I did the test you suggested. With the key on, in F, I pushed the cart and there was no beeping. Any idea what would have caused the speed sensor to stop working, with no use or known issues, since last running awesome? What causes this to happen?

Do you know if bob could help out with the the speed sensor, or does he only do programming?

I’m searching the site now to try to learn more about the. Speed sensor. If you have any knowledge, suggestions or known links on the site to point me to, please share. I appreciate any help you or anyone else has to offer. Thank you.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:37 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I am assuming DC cart but look at the end of the motor and check to make sure it is there and plugged up. Make sure to put the cart in tow mode first but you could try unplugging it and plugging it back in. If you are feeling adventurous you can take it off the motor and inspect the magnet to make sure it is in good shape and snug. As for Bob he could tell you what a handheld sees from the controller but doesn’t normally do repairs.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:02 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I'll be passing through SC monday, 08/24/20. If you contact Jeff (usgicollector) in time, I may be able to stop by and run diagnostics on it for you. I use a computer to run disgnostics. The van I now drive is an all-weather mobile programming station.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:59 PM   #6
Click260
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I'll be passing through SC monday, 08/24/20. If you contact Jeff (usgicollector) in time, I may be able to stop by and run diagnostics on it for you. I use a computer to run disgnostics. The van I now drive is an all-weather mobile programming station.
Bob I just saw this post now. I pm usgicollector just now. I’d lov3 to hook up with you if you’re still in SC.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #7
Click260
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I am assuming DC cart but look at the end of the motor and check to make sure it is there and plugged up. Make sure to put the cart in tow mode first but you could try unplugging it and plugging it back in. If you are feeling adventurous you can take it off the motor and inspect the magnet to make sure it is in good shape and snug. As for Bob he could tell you what a handheld sees from the controller but doesn’t normally do repairs.
Kgsc. Found my speed sensor wire had come disconnected. Reconnected and put some electrical tape on to hold it. Runs fine again. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Excellent!! Always glad when it is an easy fix.

I guess you probably missed Bob as well. If you are already in freedom mode the txt can be turned up a little more but I might be wrong about the elite version.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO