lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
Dustinr
Not Yet Wild

Default 2020 EZ-GO electric slowed down

I purchased a 2020 EZ-GO L6 Elite 90Amp Lithium Raptor edition.
The first week or two that I had it I was able to track top speed on a phone app over 25 mph. I sent the car off to have it registered LSV in the state of Florida. Since I’ve had it back the top speed I’m recording in the phone app is 19 mph. Rabbit/turtle mode doesn’t seem to have any affect. Florida LSV speed regulation is below 25 mph. The company that installed the wipers, seatbelts, reflectors, mirrors in order to make the vehicle LSV approved swears they made no changes to the speed. They have no interest in helping me figure this issue out. They made their money and they’re wiping their hands of it. How can I find out if the change has been made? What can I do to get this thing back to 24 mph at least?

Thanks
Dustinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2020, 10:02 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO electric slowed down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinr View Post
I purchased a 2020 EZ-GO L6 Elite 90Amp Lithium Raptor edition.
The first week or two that I had it I was able to track top speed on a phone app over 25 mph. I sent the car off to have it registered LSV in the state of Florida. Since I’ve had it back the top speed I’m recording in the phone app is 19 mph. Rabbit/turtle mode doesn’t seem to have any affect. Florida LSV speed regulation is below 25 mph. The company that installed the wipers, seatbelts, reflectors, mirrors in order to make the vehicle LSV approved swears they made no changes to the speed. They have no interest in helping me figure this issue out. They made their money and they’re wiping their hands of it. How can I find out if the change has been made? What can I do to get this thing back to 24 mph at least?

Thanks
The first mistake was having the dealer speed it up. They can only speed it up by corrupting the controller. That ends up burning out the portion of the controller that regulates the speed as either high (rabbit) or low (turtle), and allows selecting between the two. That was the cause of the failure, not the shop that added the equipment to make it street legal. Your only solution now is to buy a new controller, and DO NOT let the dealer corrupt it again. There is a right way to speed it up, and a wrong way. The right way is for an experienced controller programmer to unlock it and do the reprogramming. The wrong way is to let a dealer or anyone else corrupt it again. The controller warranty is void due to what the dealer did. E-Z-GO will not eat a $2800 controller replacement due to the dealer "doing you a favor" and speeding it up by corrupting it.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020 elite l6, need to go faster, too slow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO