lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
lcbsc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2002 TXT PDS 3 beeps

Hello. Troubleshooting newly purchased TXT PDS 36v. Pulled 2 yr old batts from my DS (work fine) to test how it runs. Cart moves F & B, but only at about 2mph and stutters/shudders the whole way. When I try and put in diagnostics mode, I get 3 beeps and that’s it. I’m not seeing a code that shows only 3 beeps. Just read about Scotty B’s diagnostics test sticky, but too late for me to test now. I will tomorrow. But wanted to post to see if any ideas on what to test next. Didn’t see any specific posts like this so made new thread. TIA!
lcbsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 TXT PDS 3 beeps

The three beeps when it goes into diagnostics means it is in the Mild Hill mode.

The error codes are self canceling, so the cart has to be moving for any of the beep codes that result in limp mode. (Speed sensor, low battery, high temp or welded solenoid.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS J2 mode plugs.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 06:16 PM   #3
lcbsc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The three beeps when it goes into diagnostics means it is in the Mild Hill mode.

The error codes are self canceling, so the cart has to be moving for any of the beep codes that result in limp mode. (Speed sensor, low battery, high temp or welded solenoid.)
Ok, good info. I found and plugged the freedom plug in and now does the 4 beeps. How do I move the cart when in diagnostics mode if the key is turned off? Sorry, new to the ezgo's.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:23 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbsc View Post
Ok, good info. I found and plugged the freedom plug in and now does the 4 beeps. How do I move the cart when in diagnostics mode if the key is turned off? Sorry, new to the ezgo's.
Once in diagnostic mode, turn key on, select a direction on the F/R, press the pedal and listen for the beeps.

The controller stays in Diagnostic mode until the Run/Tow switch is cycled from Run to Tow and back to Run.

Since you are new to the PDS, be sure to place the Run/Tow switch into Tow if you ever have to tow the cart. There is a walkaway safety feature that uses the strongest regen braking to keep the cart's speed at 2MPH or less if it rolls away or is towed. Motors or controller (or both) get destroyed up when a PDS is towed home with Run/Tow is in the Run position.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:33 PM   #5
lcbsc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok. Ran under power in Diagnostics mode...and no beeps. I just did (hopefully correctly) the solenoid test and runs at full voltage when clicks on. But drops to 33v when floored. Not sure what remove resistor from one large terminal means in instructions, dont see a resistor so I didnt do that.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:34 AM   #6
lcbsc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok, did more testing (hopefully correctly). ITS reading is 14.3v at click, 12.6v full throttle. Also tested A1 to B+ and got 0.6v no throttle, then only 9v at full throttle. I also noticed even though it only moves around 2 mph, if I gradually ramp up the throttle it gradually accelerates up to the 2mph. Not sure if that help diagnose.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Ought to be a 250Ω 10W resistor between the solenoid's two larger terminals, but may have been removed by previous owner. Its purpose is to reduce arcing on the solenoid's contacts as they bounce during closure and cart will run with or without it.

The top three PDF files in the link below are the Owner, Service and Parts manuals for your cart. Download them and use the PDS troubleshooting tree in the service manual.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
Old 11-10-2020, 03:46 PM   #8
lcbsc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Ought to be a 250Ω 10W resistor between the solenoid's two larger terminals, but may have been removed by previous owner. Its purpose is to reduce arcing on the solenoid's contacts as they bounce during closure and cart will run with or without it.

The top three PDF files in the link below are the Owner, Service and Parts manuals for your cart. Download them and use the PDS troubleshooting tree in the service manual.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
Thanks JohnnieB. Looks like the links aren't working on my phone, I'll try computer when I get home, but are you able to open the pages?
Old 11-10-2020, 04:30 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks JohnnieB. Looks like the links aren't working on my phone, I'll try computer when I get home, but are you able to open the pages?
I when directly to the thread in the "Stickies" and couldn't download the manuals either. (404 page not found error)

I guess BGW admin has been told to cease and desist by EZGO.

Quote:
Ok, did more testing (hopefully correctly). ITS reading is 14.3v at click, 12.6v full throttle. Also tested A1 to B+ and got 0.6v no throttle, then only 9v at full throttle. I also noticed even though it only moves around 2 mph, if I gradually ramp up the throttle it gradually accelerates up to the 2mph. Not sure if that help diagnose.
Not sure where you got those voltages. Attached is the ITS testpoints and voltages for a PDS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS ITS check-1.JPG (31.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS ITS check-2.JPG (92.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-10-2020, 05:01 PM   #10
lcbsc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I when directly to the thread in the "Stickies" and couldn't download the manuals either. (404 page not found error)

I guess BGW admin has been told to cease and desist by EZGO.

Not sure where you got those voltages. Attached is the ITS testpoints and voltages for a PDS.
Ok, now I feel like I can get somewhere. This is what I need. Also, did a google search and found the manual on another site. Thanks for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO