lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2020, 06:30 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Red face Customer cart brakes

I've been working on carts for 25+ years and today is the first time I have ever ran a cross this. Passenger side brake hub on a 99 Ezgo wouldn't budge not one little bit. It was on there. I soaked it down good last night several times and one right before I went to bed. I had to cut both brake cables off with the saws all to and the end part in the frame I had to grab with vise grips and twist it out it was so rusted up.
This morning it still wouldn't budge. So I did the saws all and grinder on it. I got half of the hub off and saw that I could pull the c clip off and pull the axle. I got it out and got a replacement used axle with bearing & hub for $75.00!
2 days worth of work. I got all the brakes back together just waiting on cables now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brakes from hell.jpg (92.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Brakes from hell2.jpg (136.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Brakes from hell1.jpg (96.7 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2020, 08:23 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Customer cart brakes

WOW....that's a lot of work for a brake job!! but then again....its what you run into when people don't take care of their stuff and expect someone else to fix it....hope they aren't surprised at the bill!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:56 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Customer cart brakes

Cart is back on the ground and running a lot better. Pulled the rear end cover banged out all the dents and filled it up with new oil. She is running but it's a typical 12 MPH, but it beats walking.
Tomorrow I will work on cleaning the seats if it gets warm enough!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris shronce9.jpg (143.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Chris shronce8.jpg (142.5 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO