lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #11
THOLLAND911
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EMP motors

as far as speed goes I get a solid 35 mph then it gets a little squirly in the tourque area I carry six at times and it has plenty of power and runs 23 mph I also can launch my 17' boat with it. keep in mind that I also upgraded the batteries to 48 volt with a new set ,and a 500 amp altrax controler and solonoid.( 95 ezgo txt) I very rarely put it in speed mode because there is plenty of speed in the tourque mode. I would not hesitate in choosing a EMP motor.
THOLLAND911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN View Post
tholland: A couple questions.
How much did it increase your top speed?
Is there enough tourque for when 4 people are in the cart?
Also I was told that even if you leave it in high speed mode, it still has more tourque than with the stock motor?
Any thoughts.
I GREATLY appreciate it. I tried to PM you, but didn't see that option
PM's will open up on the 25th minute of the hour after you reach 3 posts.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #13
RAGINCAJUN
Not Yet Wild

Well guys, I ordered the 2 speed set-up yesterday. It was $350 exchange plus shipping. There is going to be an additional $50 charge on my motor order due to the fact I have a Textron (model JB) motor set-up which requires a shorter spline shaft modification.
I checked out my cart this weekend and I clocked it at 10-11 mph top speed. As soon as I get it all back, I'll give a full report
RAGINCAJUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #14
THOLLAND911
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

keep us in the loop, I am sure you will be happy
THOLLAND911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #15
ckdgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've been installing the 2 speed EMP motors and modified motors for several years now and have always been impressed by their performance! My customers have always been pleased with the results of taking a 12 MPH cart and making it go 25 MPH with the addition of the 2 speed motor and the 2 speed switch! And yes, the torque mode has more torque than a stock motor. If you are looking for even more torque, especially when the cart is loaded down, then you can add a higher amperage controller. Andrea and Chuck are great people to deal with and their customer service is top notch! Don't hesitate buying one of their motors whether it be for a Club Car or an EZGO!
ckdgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #16
RAGINCAJUN
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdgolfcarts View Post
My customers have always been pleased with the results of taking a 12 MPH cart and making it go 25 MPH with the addition of the 2 speed motor and the 2 speed switch! And yes, the torque mode has more torque than a stock motor.
I was wondering if the new motor in "HIGH SPEED" mode still has more tourque than the stock motor?

Thanks
RAGINCAJUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #17
bnall05
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have been talking to EMP as well about the 2 speed motors. With the stock controller they are saying I will get 20 mph with the LR5.0 motor. Does anyone knnow if I upgrade the controller to a Alltrax 4855 how will it increase the mph and torque?
bnall05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #18
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

This is really sounding good. I'm keeping up with this. Santa might be bringing me a new two speed motor setup.

Where's the contact info for these people?
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #19
bnall05
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

empinc@empinc.biz
http://www.empinc.biz/
bnall05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #20
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN View Post
I was wondering if the new motor in "HIGH SPEED" mode still has more tourque than the stock motor?

Thanks
That was what I found with my 2 speed emp motor. I just left mine locked in high speed mode. It seemed to have just as much if not more torque in high speed mode than it did torque mode. I can't say for sure thats the case with all of their 2 speeds, mine was kinda a special deal. (Chuck said they had never re-worked a 77 Melex motor until then but he was sure it could be done.)
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
too good to be true?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO