lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #71
Zeusdafreak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Does My Cart Have an MCOR

I will jump up and down if you find it. I have been going nuts trying to figure this out.

I have been reading your posts regarding the Ike 48v progect. I see gears and the beast look like the only differences between your upgrades and mine(all I have found so far). I'm rolling 25 inch tires with a Plum quick and 400amp controller and only getting 19 with 20mph blips. I doesn't make sense to me why.
Zeusdafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #72
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusdafreak View Post
I will jump up and down if you find it. I have been going nuts trying to figure this out.

I have been reading your posts regarding the Ike 48v progect. I see gears and the beast look like the only differences between your upgrades and mine(all I have found so far). I'm rolling 25 inch tires with a Plum quick and 400amp controller and only getting 19 with 20mph blips. I doesn't make sense to me why.
I found the procedure....

Unfortunately, it looks like it will require a trip to a CC dealer.. There is a calibration tool required that plugs into the harness from the pot box.. The accelerator pedal adjustment for this throttle control is real intricate.. I'm remembering why I went with the MCOR upgrade kit..

The MCOR upgrade kit for the '95-'96 DS, 48V Powerdrive models is: 102248301.. This kit has all the plug in harness adaptors to upgrade these older carts, without a bunch of complicated splicing.. It's just "plug & play".. You also don't require any special factory tools to properly adjust the pedal linkage..

There are pics of the MCOR install in my build thread..

Ike's motor/controller combo will hustle up to a shade over 28 MPH on 20" tires..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #73
Zeusdafreak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
That old style pot box is also assbackwards from all the other CC potentiometers.. It is a 0-5K, 0-300 ohms with the pedal up, and approx. 5500 ohms with the pedal on the floor.. There is an actuator adjustment, I'm trying to find the procedure in the manual.. When I do, I'll try to give ya the "Reader's Digest" version of it..
Are you sure of the ohm load numbers above? I could use this to retest in the morning and determine whether I am getting ful signal or not. Then I can decide whether I address this or not.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:25 AM   #74
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Are you sure of the ohm load numbers above? I could use this to retest in the morning and determine whether I am getting ful signal or not. Then I can decide whether I address this or not.
Here's the quote from page 20-5, in the 1995-1996 Club Car DS Service Manual (part# 101905101, edition code 1196H0799C)..

Quote:
Continuously Variable Potentiometer Models:

The speed control circuit consists of a solid state three-wire potentiometer. With the car in forward, the potentiometer resistance varies from approximately 0 to 300 ohms with the accelerator pedal up (at rest position) to approximately 5500 ohms with the pedal fully depressed (for full speed operation, resistance must be above 4600 ohms and below 7000 ohms). When the vehicle is put in reverse, a limit switch is engaged that brings an additional resistor into the circuit at the F&R limit switch No. 3. This reduces vehicle top speed in reverse to half of forward top speed.
Is your controller programmable?? If it is set for the later CC pots (5K-0), this could be your problem..
Old 05-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #75
Zeusdafreak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

OK Thanks. I will retest this tomorrow and this should tell me whether I am sending 100% throttle to the controler or not.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #76
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
OK Thanks. I will retest this tomorrow and this should tell me whether I am sending 100% throttle to the controler or not.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it.
Glad to help!!

Keep the MCOR upgrade in mind, it is a better alternative to that old style pot box.. The kit isn't much more expensive than the replacement for the box you have now..
Old 05-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #77
dsitterley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Greetings All, I had a similar problem with my '97 CC and found the old pot had dead spots in it as tested with an ohmmeter. Looked like it had been wet more than once. I ordered and installed the MCOR upgrade kit and all is well. It took less than an hour to install. Cart is accelerating/running smooth as new now.
dsitterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #78
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The old potbox works on a 5K-0 frequency just like the MCOR... They offered a V-Glide switch in early 95.... A9500-###### through A9516-###### that was equipped with a 0-5K Wiper.... It's the same wiper found on the Solid State controller cars in 93 and 94.... If you've got a potbox the mcor will work beautifully.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car