lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
79 caroche
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 1979 club car not running

i have a 1979 club car and it is not running the batteries are fine and hooked up right. Im pretty sure that the solenoids work and im definitely sure there wired right. how do i fix this the cart ran before but not not i was thinking it was the micro switches well let me know what you think thanks
79 caroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1979 club car not running

Was this cart running before this problem? That cart has 3-4 micro switches in control box under drivers seat. So this is where I would start to trace problems. Warning before doing anything to cart make sure all batterys are fully charged and that all connections on batterys and on the series of solenoids are in good shape, clean and tight. Then check each large wire speed resistors for connections and broken windings which are common. Then check the first solenoid toward drivers side of cart as this is usually the master that feed all the others power. If all this doesn't get it going let us know so we can go further. I love those old models but parts are nearly impossible to find now, so it means doing some conversions.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
79 caroche
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

ok thanks will do i talked to some other people and they agree its the micro switches.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

five solenoids equals 5 clicks you should hear.......jack rear ogf cart up turn key on and slowly press pedal listen for the clicks if you don,t have 5 than start bu jumping the master that the left one drivers side and press pedal see if cart runs...............if not follow the small wires into the box take box off there are 5 micro switches lined up and a white plastic slider board check micros and slider.......by the way its much more common for a solenoid to go bad than a micro switch and as i always say a clicking solenoid dosn,t mean its good.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
79 caroche
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok will do but not tryin to be rude but the micro switches on my cart r up front by the gas pedal. Just lettin u guys know for future refrence thanks for all the info i greatly appreciate it
Old 06-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your not being rude at all as few of us may have not seen a 79 cart........its been some time since i have and now that you mentioned it your right the micros are in a different location..............................
Old 06-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
79 caroche
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok i just didnt wanna piss anyone off but i put the new switches in and it still wount move and the solinodes arent clicking so is it the first solinode thats bad
Old 06-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if none are clicking i would look at wiring cause even if master solenoid is bad the speed noids should still click unless they are all bad..................
Old 06-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #9
79 caroche
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

ok they all click but the cart isn't moving fast y is that could the solinodes be bad?or do the batteries need a good charge because it only has 33 volts and the cart feelslike its only in 2-3 gear
Old 06-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

at 33 volts you have a battery problem, now that dosn,t mean one or more solenoids isn,t bad but you need to take care of the low voltage issue 1st.......................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car