lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
Dunecruisin
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96' replaced obc, speed control still no go!

Yes the new controller is for a series also
Dunecruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

SOooo ..... It runs with the solenoid jumpered?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #13
Dunecruisin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
SOooo ..... It runs with the solenoid jumpered?
Yes runs perfect with the two big soleniod posts jumped together
Old 06-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunecruisin View Post
Yes runs perfect with the two big soleniod posts jumped together
Ok here we go...... The problem may not be with the solenoid, but with the activation circuit of the solenoid... Get a multimeter and put it on DC200V and let's begin.... Put the negative lead on the small yellow post of the solenoid and the positive lead on the large red post of the solenoid. You should see full battery voltage. If not, the OBC is not grounding the solenoid and it is either not properly hooked up, or it's bad. If you do see voltage here, let's proceed... Take the red lead of the multimeter and put it on the other small post, opposite the yellow wire. Put the negative lead on the B- Post of the controller (The one with the black OBC wire) Get someone to help you while you hold the leads in place. Put the car in forward or reverse, turn on the key, and depress the pedal. As soon as the pedal micro clicks, you should see full battery voltage. If you do... Replace solenoid, If you don't you're going to have to find out what is broken in this circuit. It's either A. Bad keyswitch, B. Bad pedal Microswitch, C. Bad F&R Switch Microswitch, or D. A broken wire somewhere in the circuit. Let me know if you need any more help. You're more than welcome to call me if you want. Just send me a PM and I'll call you and walk you through the whole thing.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #15
Dunecruisin
Not Yet Wild

Awsome thanks for the reply I will try this tonight and let you know the outcome!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #16
Dunecruisin
Not Yet Wild

Ok I did both tests and the first one work perfect I placed the negative lead on the yellow wire post of the solenoid and the positve lead to the large positive post of the solenoid and I got 49.6 volts.

Moved onto the second test and placed the positive lead onto the opposite post to the yellow solenoid post and then the negative lead to the B- post of the controller and pressed the pedal and I got a reading of 49.6 volts so... I replaced the solenoid with a new one straight from the store shelf and performed the same tests and the results were the same.

Whats next???
Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Ok I did both tests and the first one work perfect I placed the negative lead on the yellow wire post of the solenoid and the positve lead to the large positive post of the solenoid and I got 49.6 volts.

Moved onto the second test and placed the positive lead onto the opposite post to the yellow solenoid post and then the negative lead to the B- post of the controller and pressed the pedal and I got a reading of 49.6 volts so... I replaced the solenoid with a new one straight from the store shelf and performed the same tests and the results were the same.

Whats next???
It's possible that a new solenoid could be bad. If you've got power at both posts there is no reason why the solenoid should not click.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #18
Dunecruisin
Not Yet Wild

I put the old obc back in today and the car will go forward and reverse but not charge, so the solenoid works great. I'm freaking stumped???How do I get ahold of you Dawg?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
I put the old obc back in today and the car will go forward and reverse but not charge, so the solenoid works great. I'm freaking stumped???How do I get ahold of you Dawg?
PM Sent
Old 06-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if the cart will run with the bad OBC but not charge you can open the charger and bypass the low voltage sensor and charger will work it just won,t shut off you,ll have to keep track of charging..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car