lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #11
Stewbeans22
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Neg...Power Readings on Multimeter

JB, did you jack up the cart and lightly hit the pedal with the f/r switch in reverse. If so it might be your brushes, in that case you would need to pull the motor and clean the armature and change the brushes. Unless the controller is bad.
Stewbeans22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
storageman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewbeans22 View Post
JB, did you jack up the cart and lightly hit the pedal with the f/r switch in reverse. If so it might be your brushes, in that case you would need to pull the motor and clean the armature and change the brushes. Unless the controller is bad.
No Stew have not done that yet. So let me see if I understand...I get the wheels off the ground and tap the pedal in reverse key on. If the brushes are bad I will still get the motor to move? Is that because the weight of the cart is to much drag, wouldn't I get a hum or something? I will try that cause it should revel to me also if the problem is before or after the solenoid if I jumper it? I'll get back with ya!
JB
storageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
Stewbeans22
Not Yet Wild

Yes you understand correctly. Actually come to think of it being a controller cart you might have a controller problem. I recall someone telling me if a motor goes one way it should go the other. If you can read the markings on the motor, leave cart on ground (not jacked up) and run cart in direction it goes in. Then take terminals S1 and S2 and swap them leave cart in direction it was working them press the pedal and see if it goes in the other direction. Make sure you dont short anything out. I would disconnect the batteries first. If you dont understand what I am saying send me an email with your number and I can call you. Might be easier to explain on the phone than to type it.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #14
storageman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes you understand correctly. Actually come to think of it being a controller cart you might have a controller problem. I recall someone telling me if a motor goes one way it should go the other. If you can read the markings on the motor, leave cart on ground (not jacked up) and run cart in direction it goes in. Then take terminals S1 and S2 and swap them leave cart in direction it was working them press the pedal and see if it goes in the other direction. Make sure you dont short anything out. I would disconnect the batteries first. If you dont understand what I am saying send me an email with your number and I can call you. Might be easier to explain on the phone than to type it.
I get it...I will try today! should have some time to play with it!
thanks Stew,
JB
Old 11-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #15
storageman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Okay...I swapped the S1 and S2 terminals and the motor works in reverse fine!
Soooooooooo! now what? Is it the controller or do you think its the wiring? it can't be the v-glide microswitch cause the pedal works fine. Any thoughts?
JB
Old 11-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #16
storageman
Not Yet Wild

bump
Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #17
Stewbeans22
Not Yet Wild

JB, Sorry I was busy all weekend. Yeah it kinda sounds like the controller now but, I reacently have somewhat of the same problem with another cart I have. At the time I thought it was the brushes in the motor and I removed the motor and cleand the commutator and reassembled the motor but, when I put everything back together it all worked fine. In your case I am still leaning toward the controller probably being bad, or at least not working under a load. I would think you shoud be able to find a place that would either repair your controller or at least sell you a refurb controlller for a few dollars plus your old controller. When you call for replacement you might need to serial number to your cart and maybe the part number for the controller. Keep us posted if find a place to get your controller from. Good luck.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car