lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
kaschiro
Not Yet Wild

Smile battery tutorial and desulphator

This a tutorial for batteries all you want to know and more. Batteries were a big mystery until I read this article. I want to know all there is about batteries because they are expensive and this article explains in great detail how they work. Knowing how the work will make you understand the why's of battery upkeep. At the end there is a pitch for the the things that they sell. My main interest of the things they were selling was the "desulphator". Has any body used one and how has it worked for you.
Looking forward to your inputs
Kas

http://www.batterystuff.com/tutorial_battery.html
kaschiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
junkzoo
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: battery tutorial and desulphator

Thanks for the link. That explains a lot of stuff that might be of interest to many out here.

,,on the desulph, i am not sure.

Back when,I used to remember seeing a product of "pills" that you put in each cell of a battery and it claimed to revitalize weak/dead batteries and keep 'em going "forever",, you can understand the hype /clams when they try to sell stuff to ya

If it was just a battery for my garden tractor, i might think about trying some thing what they sell on that site (and only try it during the winter months in case it crapps out my battery and i have a few months to get over it and replace it LOL.)
junkzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did a search of the forums for you, (typed in "desulphator") and this link looks like you might be able to make an informed decision on batteries.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...y-rebuild.html
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have never seen a product that will do any good and more often will "do damage" to batterys? Proper maintenace and distilled water along with one of the best chargers made ( Club Car Lester ) hooked up "after every use" ( never allowing batterys below 50% of charge MAX ) will lengthen the life of your batterys.
In looking at most posts about cures ( SNAKE OIL CURE ALLS ) for batterys its funny that they all have something for sale?? SURPRISE SURPRISE
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
junkzoo
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yup, good read on the desulph link

And also agree the best way to keep your batteries in good shape,,, is to keep them in good shape, pure n simple.

In my case, i got my cart from my cousin (who only had it for 2, maybe 3 yrs) and when i quizzed him on charging (Having batt cart/scooters @ work and maintaining them, i already knew a lil bit about that subject)He said, "when it slows down, just charge it for 12 hrs,,,,," So i'm hoping the set's life was not shortened by that kinda thinking for however long. (It took a whole gallon of distilled water to fill them all properly upon my initial go-over on the cart)

I think it likes being here, since it gets so spoiled and gone over so far
junkzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not to crow too much but my over weight custom bodied CC has over 9 year old Trojan batterys equal to T875's and still going strong?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
kaschiro
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in...still want more opinions!!
Kas
kaschiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car