lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
flsgs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anybody Florida street legal?

Absolutely, but you'll have to have a bill of sale (ie a working version of MS Word :)
flsgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #32
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks!!! I just called the DMV office in Tampa and she's sending all the forms. What I basically heard was (hint, hint) if you don't have an original receipt that list all of the seller and buyers info is to put that the items were included on the cart when you bought it.
Does anyone have any other tips before taking it down for inspection?
THANKS
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #33
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I thought i read that you have to have it physically stamped "PAID" as well. Not really sure though...
bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #34
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

REPOSTING to this post as well since some were looking here earlier.

Ok, so I FINALLY got my cart street legal!!!!! Let me tell you after reading all the post I was kind of nervous, but everything went well and I was in and out of the Tampa, Fl Regional DMV with a VIN and TAG in less than an hour. I also got insurance for an LSV through USAA and it's only $15 a month and they knew exactly what I was talking about and needed.
I can't say enough good things about the people at the Tampa DMV office. I called up there twice a few days ahead to get all the information and then to make sure that all my paperwork was filled out right and they were really helpful. Then when I got there the lady at the counter couldn't believe all my paperwork was right the 1st time around and said I'll go get your VIN and meet you out front to look at the cart. Her and another gentleman looked it over and made me turn on the lights, blinkers, horn, and etc and that was it. She placed the VIN sticker on steering wheel column and I loaded the cart back onto the trailer, called my insurance, went inside paid the bill, and was out of there.
Now I just need to find out if the seat belt and child restraint laws are the same on the golf cart (LSV) as in a vehicle. The main reason is to see if I "have" to have our 1.5 yr old in a big car seat.
Thanks to all for the help and comments through this forum. It definitely would've been a lot harder without it.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #35
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

You got the tag with a fold down and no seat belts?
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #36
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Nope, I have seat belts in front and back and yes the windshield is a fold down. There is no statue that says it can't be and they make fold down windshields that are DOT approved. HOWEVER, mine is not. I read many posts that said they got away with the original shield so I tried it and it was OK. They simply went down the list of the required items and made sure that they were there they didn't nick pick anything at all and they were all SUPER nice and helpful. If I can be of any help let me know and send me a PM and I can call or email you. I'll be glad to return the favor from all the advice I've been given.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #37
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Nice! I just bought a windshield and didn't want to get the non fold down just to get tags.

Glad to hear it was a fairly easy process.. May do it now. Seems if you have your ducks in a row it's not so bad.

Enjoy the open road
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #38
yokoboy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx104u2nv View Post
REPOSTING to this post as well since some were looking here earlier.

Ok, so I FINALLY got my cart street legal!!!!! Let me tell you after reading all the post I was kind of nervous, but everything went well and I was in and out of the Tampa, Fl Regional DMV with a VIN and TAG in less than an hour. I also got insurance for an LSV through USAA and it's only $15 a month and they knew exactly what I was talking about and needed.
I can't say enough good things about the people at the Tampa DMV office. I called up there twice a few days ahead to get all the information and then to make sure that all my paperwork was filled out right and they were really helpful. Then when I got there the lady at the counter couldn't believe all my paperwork was right the 1st time around and said I'll go get your VIN and meet you out front to look at the cart. Her and another gentleman looked it over and made me turn on the lights, blinkers, horn, and etc and that was it. She placed the VIN sticker on steering wheel column and I loaded the cart back onto the trailer, called my insurance, went inside paid the bill, and was out of there.
Now I just need to find out if the seat belt and child restraint laws are the same on the golf cart (LSV) as in a vehicle. The main reason is to see if I "have" to have our 1.5 yr old in a big car seat.
Thanks to all for the help and comments through this forum. It definitely would've been a lot harder without it.
I would love some advice. After seeing the Application for title I am very confused. The first question regarding vehicle type? I don't see one that applies? Please help.
yokoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #39
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooknup View Post
Great idea. Here it is. Since theses pictures i have put a PQ bandit motor and 4 gauge cables. It runs bout 22-23mph. Will be putting in an Alltrax controller soon.
Nice smoker !
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #40
Token
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Dela did you get streel legal yet?
Token is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO