lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Gangsta Lean

My 09' RXV has the common drivers side lean, it's not terrible. But, I can't stand for cart not to sit level. What's the easiest solution?? I plan to install a 6" Jakes spindle lift, and if any other parts are needed to remedy the problem I wanted to order at the the same time. Thanks.
Buggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gangsta Lean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggity View Post
My 09' RXV has the common drivers side lean, it's not terrible. But, I can't stand for cart not to sit level. What's the easiest solution?? I plan to install a 6" Jakes spindle lift, and if any other parts are needed to remedy the problem I wanted to order at the the same time. Thanks.

Ugrade to heavy duty springs front and rear then you won't be running so "lean".
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I do plan to swap to the heavy duty springs in the rear. But not sure about front end.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

For now, you can swap the springs from side to side. Whenever I get a cart that has DSS (Driver Side Sag), I will move the springs unless it is really bad I swap them out, or have them re arched.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I do plan to swap to the heavy duty springs in the rear. But not sure about front end.
You need to upgrade the front as well or you will continue to lean. The fronts genarally are very weak to begin with. If your going to have a lift and be beating the snot out a normally mundane golf cart then spend the extra cash and replace the fronts as well IMHO.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8cer Ex View Post
You need to upgrade the front as well or you will continue to lean. The fronts genarally are very weak to begin with. If your going to have a lift and be beating the snot out a normally mundane golf cart then spend the extra cash and replace the fronts as well IMHO.
I should have specified, YES swap springs from side to side on both the front and the rear.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The RXV only has leaf springs on the rear. It has what I guess is a strut on the front? Im not sure if these are side specific or not? Anybody know, thanks.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
The RXV only has leaf springs on the rear. It has what I guess is a strut on the front? Im not sure if these are side specific or not? Anybody know, thanks.
Ahh! Good point. Didn't realize it was an RXV. I should pay more attention. Carry on!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can't switch the front shocks from side to side. They are molded into the a-arms and have to be ordered for the appropriate side. Hopefully it is an issue with the rear springs. The front are also expensive as they are not standard shocks. I priced once and I believe they were around $140 for each shock but I might be off by a little, but I know they were over the $120 price each.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #10
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did some further investigation today. I believe the driver side rear spring is bent, it appears to be anyway. I will replace with new heavy duty springs, I think this will fix the problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO