lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #21
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Almost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanyon View Post
CRK- its a 2003 NEV. Thanks
NEV? Looks like a DS. What the difference?
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #22
Kanyon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

NEV (neighborhood electric vehicle) was never a golf cart. It has front brakes, and heavy roll bars and has a high speed motor (max speed 24mph so i was told). I'm still learning about this thing, very hard to find out information. It was made by CC for GM back in 2003 but never really took off!
Kanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
bighawkster3569
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Nice looking Cart !!!
bighawkster3569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #24
Kanyon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks bighawkster3569, your cart looks great. Looks so different from when you first got it!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #25
Kanyon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

CRK, I found this on the web!!

PATHWAYS PROGRAM

Because of their collaboration with General Motors to build 10,000 ‘Pathways’ NEV cars, Club Carincidently became one of the largest electricautomobile manufacturers in the US. NEVs, or Low Speed Vehicles (LSVs), are a special class of motor vehicle created by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in 1998. Widely known as Rule 500 (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...s/lsv/lsv.html), therule permits low speed electric cars to be licensed & insured for use on public roads with a speed limit of 35mph or lower. The top speedof a NEV cannot not exceed 25mph, and to differentiateit from the golf car and PTVs, they have to be able to travel faster than 20mph.A PTV cannot break this 20mph speed limit and stay in compliance with Rule 500.

Club Car & GM have discontinued the ‘Pathways’ project but there are still lots of ’Pathways’ out there andsome are now coming onto the used market. According to Club Car, they will provide service & support for the remaining NEVs through the Club Car dealer network. Many of these cars have been returned to Club Car as part of the original agreement with GM and Club Car has de-NEVed them. Club car will not sell the NEVs directly. They must be found through the used car network. Try eBay!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #26
rockhill
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post

kneddor on another forum
Not sure I could drive a cart that looked that nice into a mud bog. The 'mudder' gene is just not in my DNA I suppose.
rockhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #27
Uknowme8
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

PATHWAYS PROGRAM

Because of their collaboration with General Motors to build 10,000 ‘Pathways’ NEV cars, Club Carincidently became one of the largest electricautomobile manufacturers in the US. NEVs, or Low Speed Vehicles (LSVs), are a special class of motor vehicle created by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in 1998. Widely known as Rule 500 (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...s/lsv/lsv.html), therule permits low speed electric cars to be licensed & insured for use on public roads with a speed limit of 35mph or lower. The top speedof a NEV cannot not exceed 25mph, and to differentiateit from the golf car and PTVs, they have to be able to travel faster than 20mph.A PTV cannot break this 20mph speed limit and stay in compliance with Rule 500.

Club Car & GM have discontinued the ‘Pathways’ project but there are still lots of ’Pathways’ out there andsome are now coming onto the used market. According to Club Car, they will provide service & support for the remaining NEVs through the Club Car dealer network. Many of these cars have been returned to Club Car as part of the original agreement with GM and Club Car has de-NEVed them. Club car will not sell the NEVs directly. They must be found through the used car network. Try eBay!
I have a 99cc that I'm going to try to use this to get it reg in California. It was never a corse car so keeping my fingers crossed.
Uknowme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #28
Kanyon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Good Luck Uknowme8!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #29
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

PATHWAYS PROGRAM

Thanks for the info!
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #30
Kanyon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

All I need is a radio now!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1111.jpg (164.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1113.jpg (142.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car