lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
ecu
Not Yet Wild

Default squeeky rearend

The noise comes from the drivers side rear tire area. It sounds like an old mattress going up and down. The sound is in rythm as you go faster or slower. Where do I start to diagnose this issue. It is a PDS and lifted. The noise has been going on for a long time, but I am ready to fix it now.
ecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: squeeky rearend

I would guess you might need bearings. Jack up the rear axle and wiggle, jerk, the tire forwards, backwards, up, and down you are feeling to see if there is a lose sloppy feeling while the tires are floating. I would start with that test. If you feel movement I have seen threads on here about replacing the axle bearings you should be able to do a search.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

is it truely a SQUEEK? or maybe a scrape? does it do it when the brakes are applied? I was thinking a brake shoe was rubbing and the drum could be out of round......other than that.....the only things thyat go "round and round" are the bearings for the rear end and or the motor......
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
SHAWN DAVIS
Gone Wild

Leaf spring bushings will make that noise also
SHAWN DAVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

10 new bearings and 5 seals all new in my rear end recently, and i just had the same problem past week or so,and just yesterday i took the wheel off to inspect it.
before i took wheel off i grabbed it at 9 and 3 oclock position to see if i could move it,and it moved easy..my problem was i needed to tighten the nut on the hub a bit more..or the new bearings changed a lil since i put them in

no more noise now for me i say thats the skweeeeeeek
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah......what Sassycat said. I had a squeak coming from my rear driver side last fall. I had my brother in law (Mack Mech) pull the wheel and he did the same and found the hub\axel could be moved. He pulled out his gimondo socket wrench and cranked it about 1/4 turn and it hasn't made a noise since.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

ECU

Because I just went through the castellated nut replacement this weekend and had to borrow my neighbors torque wrench.., a reminder : that EZGO PDS manual starting year 2001.. page L-16 (tried to cut and paste for you) : tighten the nut 80-90 ftlbs , MAX torque 140ftlbs..
Yurtle was kind enough to send me the PDF file, if you need it I can fwd it to you. Just PM me. Also its a "sticky" on the EZGO electric page

Good Luck
M

Last edited by Springlake; 06-13-2013 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: forgot to add the sticky part
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #8
ecu
Not Yet Wild

When I lifted the rear of the cart the wheel had a little bit of play in it. We opened the hub housing and took the castellated nut off. The bearings didn't look bad. We put grease on the spindle in case that was rubbing, but when we put the castellated nut back on it went on much tighter. It was loose enough to remove by hand before. The noise is gone and runs great.
ecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #9
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Glad the squeaky is gone!! Now lets have some fun!!
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

good deal,,same problem i had and it fixed it good for past month
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO