lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
gotmud10
Getting Wild

Default Re: 94 medalist SLOW!

Replaced its with a used one I had and adjusted the plunger even closer to its. Got it to 9.3v between b- and m- also got to a top speed of 17mph. I'm gonna bypass the plastic connector next.
gotmud10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That explains why nothing was getting hot. The controller's output is maxing out at about a 67% duty cycle.

Since the same happens with two different controllers, changing the ITS might fix it.

Hopefully it does......
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
gotmud10
Getting Wild

Changeling IT'S and adjusting it with 7/32 drill bit dropped us to 8.5v between m- and b-. I'm gonna go to the gym then start rewiring any small wires that look iffy coming from the pedal box. Crossing my fingers we can drop it some more. Reached 18mph on a little downhill today and now spins tires in reverse in grass. If I can get 20 and alright torque by the end of the day, the body can finally go back on. It's been a long ridiculous process with this cart. We have literally upgraded/swapped the f&r, controller, wires, batts, motor, rear end bearings, ITS, pedal box Microswitch, and solenoid. At least it should be reliable haha
Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmud10 View Post
Replaced its with a used one I had and adjusted the plunger even closer to its. Got it to 9.3v between b- and m- also got to a top speed of 17mph. I'm gonna bypass the plastic connector next.
Sounds like your are on the right track and getting closer.

If the plunger protrudes slightly from the ITS sensor coil when pedal is on floor, that is all the ITS will put out.

Also, make sure someone didn't add any brass or copper in or around the ITS coil. That will reduce the inductive reactance, lowering the ITS output. (Brass has the opposite effect that iron has)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #15
gotmud10
Getting Wild

Well johnnieb I can't figure it out. Replaced ITS AND plunger today also eliminated the connector as it looked like it had seen better days. Can't get anything less than 9v between b- and m-. I'm out of things to try. Can't figure out how to check voltage on those black and white pins as you have to have them connected to have it run. Should I open the wire sleeve and connect that way or is there a better way to approach this?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #16
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The connector should have exposed areas of the pins on one side. See the attached photo:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (593.8 KB, 0 views)
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO