lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #21
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 98DS solenoid issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
You ARE going to make me old before my time, correct? Lol
Odd...my wife said the same thing??

Quote:
Have you checked the throttle signal yet to make sure it is telling the controller you want it to move....
(And I have been helping too many separate people with similar problem the last couple of days and am starting to confuse myself as the days and problems go on...)
I have pack power leaving vglide..not sure how to test the other 3 wires leaving? I have just done a search and found some info on the potbox, but I don't have that?

On this cart, the solenoid engages when it is turned to run, or when the pedal is depressed? Mine is engaging when set to "run".
Clarkwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #22
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Remember the drawing I supplied you, look at the Yellow wire that turns to a Yellow/Black wire going to Pin 7 at the controller. On that one, there should be .5v at Pedal up and 3.5v at Pedal down. (Or it may be 3.5v up and .5v down. I think these R2's were backwards)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:02 PM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That drawing is your best friend for troubleshooting.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:04 PM   #24
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Remember the drawing I supplied you, look at the Yellow wire that turns to a Yellow/Black wire going to Pin 7 at the controller. On that one, there should be .5v at Pedal up and 3.5v at Pedal down. (Or it may be 3.5v up and .5v down. I think these R2's were backwards)

Gotcha..test after dinner....I feel like I am chasing a ghost here...I went back out, and the solenoid won't click, but my voltages are all at the solenoid...*ok..well, I will check voltages at the 3 wires coming out of the vglide*... unplug the vglide plug (blue and green/white are still connected)..and voila...solenoid clicks when pedal is depressed and it makes noise like it's trying to move...connect the three other wires out of vglide...and no click at solenoid.. ugh...haha
Old 06-03-2020, 09:06 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The other 2 wires have to be hooked up or you get no throttle signal to the controller. It will never move without them connected. The other 2 are only for the microswitch.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #26
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
That drawing is your best friend for troubleshooting.
yep, have it printed out and at hand

Quote:
The other 2 wires have to be hooked up or you get no throttle signal to the controller. It will never move without them connected. The other 2 are only for the microswitch.
so, plugged the three back in (blue and green/white are separate and plugged in)..no change in voltage at the #7 pin (ylw/blk) with neg probe at pack negative. both pedal up and depressed read only 140ish mv

-edit - interestingly enough, this is the vglide from the working cart last year as I had robbed it for last years cart..so..dirty somewhere? I took it apart a few days ago, tested the microswitch for continuity..didn't seem to look dirty..
Old 06-04-2020, 06:03 AM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

With that throttle voltage reading the Controller will get an HPD error as soon as You press the pedal.

Check the voltage on Pin #9 (purple wire) to see if the Controller is still providing the +5v to the throttle.

If it is, You may have an issue with the VGlide and You need to check it.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:35 AM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, it is the MSP/Vglide or the loop is bad as it supplies 5v to the circuit so your throttle can meter/ramp.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:54 AM   #29
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
With that throttle voltage reading the Controller will get an HPD error as soon as You press the pedal.

Check the voltage on Pin #9 (purple wire) to see if the Controller is still providing the +5v to the throttle.

If it is, You may have an issue with the VGlide and You need to check it.
When you say check the pin, that is checking it on the controller by pulling the plug, or checking the purple wire in the plug (with it disconnected from controller)? Still trying to learn direction of currents...
Old 06-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check while it is connected to the Controller, key switch is ON and FNR in Forward.

If You do have 5v, check the purple wire on the VGlide connector to make sure 5v is getting there, You can disconnect the VGlide connector to check the purple wire for voltage there.

Edit:
You can start by checking the purple wire directly at the VGlide first as it is easier.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car