lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2021, 04:09 PM   #1
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Default Stuck armature

This is on a series motor GE model 5BC58JBS6132A. Cart was not working and testing revealed problems with the motor.

Tried to remove the motor and was not able. Did manage to remove the case (stator) and found that the brushes had cratered. Other than that it all looks OK and I think is worth trying to save.

Now for the hard part. Trying lots of penetrating oil and working the armature, I cannot get it to come off. I know that this has been adressed in numerous posts but none of those suggestions seem to work and I dont want to destroy the armature to remove it.

I was thinking that perhaps I could attach a bearing puller hammer to the bearing on the open end. Would this help break the splined coupling loose or would I just damage the bearing (it also appears to be in good condition)

Any other suggestion appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210418_125401936_HDR.jpg (359.5 KB, 0 views)
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO