lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Default Homemade commutator refinsh

Having finally managed to free the stuck armture, it was obvious that the comomutator was badly scored.

Tried several shops in the area to resurface the commutator, but either no interest or exorbitant price $150 + just to look at it.

I decided to make a homemade commutator resurface device.

Attached pic shows the solution. Drilled a board with the ame size hole as the bearing diameter and then used the drill press to turn the armature from the splined coupling end. I used a cutting tool and various files to bring the surface of the commutator to a decent condition and then used a cut down steak knife to undercut and clear the slots.

As noted in my stuck armature thread, the whole motor was reinstalled over the weekend and seem to run just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210426_110450068_HDR.jpg (302.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210426_141953809.jpg (313.0 KB, 0 views)
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO