lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
OnTheFence
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas No Go

I installed a Navitas in my 2013 Rxv. All systems appear to be a go according to the app.

When pressing the throttle, the cart moves backwards 6 inches and then stops. No error codes.

I did not install the OTF thinking it was not required.

I have checked and rechecked my wiring all looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2019, 01:49 AM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Navitas No Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
I installed a Navitas in my 2013 Rxv. All systems appear to be a go according to the app.

When pressing the throttle, the cart moves backwards 6 inches and then stops. No error codes.

I did not install the OTF thinking it was not required.

I have checked and rechecked my wiring all looks good.

Be sure you are using the curtis version of the Navitas controller. I once saw similar issue and that was the problem.

Also, I have found Navitas tech support to be very good. Reach out to them and if you do not get what you need, PM me and I will see if I can connect you with someone at Navitas that I am sure can help you.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:28 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, don't use the original "tiny solenoid" for any rxv jobs. Most of them have been replaced by now, but i still occasionally we them, and it's often the root of troubles. Especially if you bought their "bad azz" green box with that tiny stock solenoid. The round-shaped trombetta solenoid is minimum requirements. Even the factory doesn't offer that tiny "lawn tractor" solenoid anymore. It must have saved the bean counters so much, but cost the service/warranty guys so much. Since the engineering department knows they will never have to touch it later....

I learned lots from them old cartoons! Like poor trash collection practices = explosion! And how to not get rich quick from a genie that came from a lamp!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 24264.jpeg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
OnTheFence
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Also, don't use the original "tiny solenoid" for any rxv jobs. Most of them have been replaced by now, but i still occasionally we them, and it's often the root of troubles. Especially if you bought their "bad azz" green box with that tiny stock solenoid. The round-shaped trombetta solenoid is minimum requirements. Even the factory doesn't offer that tiny "lawn tractor" solenoid anymore.

How do I test, and what is the recommended replacement?

I wasn’t prepared to fix my cart for the plug and pray to work.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:24 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

This is the lame solenoid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOL-1008__73950.1389394663.500.659.jpg (39.5 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #6
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
How do I test, and what is the recommended replacement?

I wasn’t prepared to fix my cart for the plug and pray to work.

If you post a picture of your setup that would be helpful. It could be something as simple as a setting in the software causing the issue. But, would like to see your setup before assuming anything.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:47 PM   #7
OnTheFence
Not Yet Wild

I was able to speak with tech support and have been given an RMA. It didn’t take long to completely regret this purchase. While this most likely will turn out ok, I am not a big fan of returning product to Canada for an RMA swap. I am guessing the shipping time might be longer than Conus operations. But that is my only choice as the vendor I purchased from seems to have disappeared after the sale.

I purchased from Wild About Carts via Amazon, as they were promising access to the dealer app and I was able to use rewards points on my purchase. I’ve received no response on my queries for the app or to return the defective product.

Once I determined this was a flop, Saturday morning, I found the only possible help was through contact us at Navitas. It was explained that their unit has more safety checks and it is possible that a cart functioning on a stock Curtis controller may in fact be deficient enough not to work with the Navitas. Of course it would need to be diagnosed by their tech.

My cart is at my camp 3 hours away from home. Which leaves me with taking a day off to move this along. Support operates on Pacific time. Being in the Eastern time zone it was 4:00 in the afternoon before anything was settled. Not only did I need to take time off work, I was stuck waiting all afternoon for a call back.

I am not sure this thing is worth all the effort. Maybe after the dust settles, I will think differently.

We can safely close this thread as there is nothing to fix now.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:28 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Time to turn up the performance of your stock Curtis controller...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:02 AM   #9
OnTheFence
Not Yet Wild

This was going to be the bump thread claiming victory. But... not so fast. I received the replacement Controller, and the selonoid won't fire. Essentially another broken unit with a different problem.

In my haste to put the stock unit back, I think I might have fried it. Essentially, I had the ignition on when I connected everything. (Positive lead removed from battery) I got a little spark when reconnecting the positive lead. (the last connection). Ignition goes fine the cart clunks and wiggles like it used to. However, I don't get the click when pressing the throttle and and there is no movement. Also to note the brake does not release in tow mode.

Is it more likely I fried

the controller or something else, and what would I test?

Argh!!!!

P.S. as I was working on this I knew in my mind the more I fiddle farted with this I was increasing my chance of doing something really stupid....
Old 08-17-2019, 03:33 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
This was going to be the bump thread claiming victory. But... not so fast. I received the replacement Controller, and the selonoid won't fire. Essentially another broken unit with a different problem.

In my haste to put the stock unit back, I think I might have fried it. Essentially, I had the ignition on when I connected everything. (Positive lead removed from battery) I got a little spark when reconnecting the positive lead. (the last connection). Ignition goes fine the cart clunks and wiggles like it used to. However, I don't get the click when pressing the throttle and and there is no movement. Also to note the brake does not release in tow mode.

Is it more likely I fried

the controller or something else, and what would I test?

Argh!!!!

P.S. as I was working on this I knew in my mind the more I fiddle farted with this I was increasing my chance of doing something really stupid....
Connecting a Curtis controller to power while not in tow mode will likely corrupt the controller. I can usually reflash a corrupted Curtis controller and bring it back to usable condition.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO