lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2021, 09:52 PM   #1
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Adding turn signals, brake lights ?? to a TXT

Got a call from my brother-in law, he is going to add turn signals, brake lights and horn to his 2014 TXT that currently has headlights and taillights.
He purchased a RHOX light kit with a deluxe wiring harness.
The kit did not come with directions.
A couple of questions we have are (I'm sure there will be more once we get started )
Will the current 2 prong key switch work with this kit?
Will changing the taillights to LED's require a flasher?(as in a car)
Any hurdles we will run into?
Thanks in advance.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2021, 07:52 AM   #2
cbdeese61
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adding turn signals, brake lights ?? to a TXT

I just installed a Rhox LED kit(I had halogen before) with deluxe wiring harness on my 2003 TXT but it did have instructions. I may still have them at home and will look this weekend and post Monday if I find them. I have a 2 prong key switch but I did not wire direct to it. You should end up with only 2 wires to hook to the cart....Pos and Neg.....all others should be plug and play. The positive direct to the fuse panel and negative to the battery pack. I did cut off the fuse blocks on the harness to keep it clean and not have extra fuses.
cbdeese61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #3
cbdeese61
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Also my kit came with a flasher. If you got a kit with blinkers it should have one as you will need it.
cbdeese61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:01 AM   #4
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The RHOX website has instructions for their kits. I bought my 2016 Yamaha G29 used and it came with a RHOX deluxe wiring kit. I used the instructions on their site to install their usb charger and rear brake light switch (both were plug and play).

http://www.rhox.us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #5
Sideways
Gone Wild

Thank You gentlemen, everything is working except for the rear running lights (we have brake lights and rear signal lights) There was a relay included that we still need to figure out where it plugs into the harness (we think the brake switch) but stopped for dinner and will pick back up tomorrow.
Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2021, 11:30 AM   #6
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What year cart. I replaced my original 2012 txt lights with aftermarket, same brand Rhox but did not use the turn signal option.
However behind the (remove cup holders) there was a factory plug for the flasher to plug into. May want to check yours to see if it has that option😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:30 PM   #7
Sideways
Gone Wild

Cobra, the cart is a 2014. We installed a new wiring harness but the old one we removed did not have a plug for a flasher.
Cbdeese, we did not get a flasher (I don't think he bought a complete kit, I believe he bought everything piece by piece)
We have everything working correctly with the incandescent tailight's except for the left taillight. (right tailight works correctly)The left taillight stays on all of the time regardless if any of the switches are powered on or off. The middle/orange wire in the harness plug is hot all of the time. My brother in law is going to call them tomorrow and see if they can help.
Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO