lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #11
K9 Keno
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charger Help

Thanks guys I didn't know that about the Power Drive 2 charger !!! Thanks again.. Ill stick with that since 8 years is amazing !!
K9 Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2021, 01:34 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9 Keno View Post
I was kind of thinking the same thing... was not sure if that was a fluke lol... Winter is my issue I would really like to have a trickle in the winter.
Does your cart ever get used in the winter?
Where is your cart stored in the winter? Garage, shed, spare bedroom? Is it temperature controlled?

What I do for winter storage is fully charge the pack, make sure all the cable ends are clean and water levels are topped up, and disconnect the pack negative. Cold temperatures lowers the self discharge rate of a battery pack, so as long as there is not an external source drawing power they tend to stay at a high state of charge for several months. I've tested the Trojan 875 packs that I've done this with and have let some go as long as 4 months without a single charge during the winter. My carts get stored in open sheds.

Not a fluke for Trojan batteries to run 8 years when they're at least somewhat taken care of. Very common for people to get 8 to 10 years from a pack. I have one pack right now coming up on 10 years and I expect it to go another year or two at least before I replace it. This is in a cart that gets moderate use, 3-5 times weekly, maybe only a mile in a day some days, but others it may go 10-12 miles depending. Gets used year round as well. Hot, cold, rain, it's going somewhere.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:19 PM   #13
K9 Keno
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Does your cart ever get used in the winter?
Where is your cart stored in the winter? Garage, shed, spare bedroom? Is it temperature controlled?

What I do for winter storage is fully charge the pack, make sure all the cable ends are clean and water levels are topped up, and disconnect the pack negative. Cold temperatures lowers the self discharge rate of a battery pack, so as long as there is not an external source drawing power they tend to stay at a high state of charge for several months. I've tested the Trojan 875 packs that I've done this with and have let some go as long as 4 months without a single charge during the winter. My carts get stored in open sheds.

Not a fluke for Trojan batteries to run 8 years when they're at least somewhat taken care of. Very common for people to get 8 to 10 years from a pack. I have one pack right now coming up on 10 years and I expect it to go another year or two at least before I replace it. This is in a cart that gets moderate use, 3-5 times weekly, maybe only a mile in a day some days, but others it may go 10-12 miles depending. Gets used year round as well. Hot, cold, rain, it's going somewhere.
Well I have it in a garage I can heat the garage. I plan on doing that when it gets below 25f. I will keep plugged in with power drive 2 charger. As far as use well.. pre covid I would say April to Oct. 2 weeks a month (Nascar) Now hmm June 15 days, July 0 ,Aug 7 days , Dec 15... so it does not get used that much I can say when it's used it's probably 8miles a day. Hope that helps answer the questions. And thanks for your input.
K9 Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car