lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
herme50
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2007 club car will not run

I have a 2007 club car ds model and it just stop running. I checked all the wiring and all seems to be working okay. I changed the solenoid with no help. I tried to bypass the onboard computer with no help also. I think I checked the wiring on the onboard computer and speed controller the right way and all I believe checked out okay. I think it's either the speed controller or onboard computer. I don't want to spend the money and these parts are good. The solenoid clicks then I push on the accelerator pedal but not all the time. Also when I put the charger on the charger does not run, but I'm showing voltage increase on the batteries. Some time the wheels move when the cart is on jacks and when I push the accelerator to the floor it stops.
herme50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2015, 10:59 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 club car will not run

Quote:
Originally Posted by herme50 View Post
I have a 2007 club car ds model and it just stop running. I checked all the wiring and all seems to be working okay. I changed the solenoid with no help. I tried to bypass the onboard computer with no help also. I think I checked the wiring on the onboard computer and speed controller the right way and all I believe checked out okay. I think it's either the speed controller or onboard computer. I don't want to spend the money and these parts are good. The solenoid clicks then I push on the accelerator pedal but not all the time. Also when I put the charger on the charger does not run, but I'm showing voltage increase on the batteries. Some time the wheels move when the cart is on jacks and when I push the accelerator to the floor it stops.
Sounds like you might have an MCOR failure. It sends the throttle signal to the controller and it has a switch for the solenoid, both areas you are having trouble with.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
herme50
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Scott, Thanks for your reply. I checked all the wiring on the MCOR unit and all checked out okay. I'm checking other wiring and so far all are checking good also.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
herme50
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Still troubleshooting wiring on club car, with no help. Checked all the wiring to the MCOB with no help (all checked good). The batteries are a couple of years old and the terminals look in good shape. I have good voltage at the batteries. When I plug in the charger it does not run, but the batteries show charge. I ringed out all the wires for the motor and it checked good. I checked all the wires at the 16 pin connector and they checked good. Checked the ignition help switch and it checked good also. Is there a test for the controller (besides the test for the 16 pin connector wires)? The onboard computer checks out good also.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #5
herme50
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Does anyone have any suggestions on what's wrong with my golf cart or any troubleshooting I should try. About ready to call a repair shop and have them pick it up.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Is the cart completely stock?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #7
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

You should hear two clicks. One (fainter) will be the first one and will be from the microswitch in the MCOR. The next one, which will come immediately after, is the louder of the two, the solenoid clicking. The cart will not run unless these two things click
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #8
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
You should hear two clicks. One (fainter) will be the first one and will be from the microswitch in the MCOR. The next one, which will come immediately after, is the louder of the two, the solenoid clicking. The cart will not run unless these two things click
The MCOR click will happen with or without the key on, (down by your Go Pedal.) The second or louder Solenoid Click, (around your seat area,) will only happen with the key on and after the MCOR click.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #9
herme50
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Is the cart completely stock?
Cart is completely stock.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:38 PM   #10
herme50
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
I do get a click from the MCOR and the solenoid clicks. The solenoid doesn't click all the time. I changed the solenoid with no help. Reinstalled the old solenoid back in the car.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car