lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #1
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Default Jakes upper brush guard for a carryall stretch 2 forward facing seats

I have a transporter 6, with a bed in the back and 2 forward facing bench seats. The stretch type cart. I need a roof and was looking at Jakes upper brush guard and thought maybe it would be easy to just extend the middle section with some pipe and have it cover both of the passenger bench seats. then just add a bimini or jeep top over it.

Anyone have any experience with this upper brush guard? Just wondering if Jakes upper brush guard is strong enough to stretch because I've never seen one in person. Thanks!
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2015, 11:50 PM   #2
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Default Re: Jakes upper brush guard for a carryall stretch 2 forward facing seats

See the picture. That is how I got it, but the top was broken and in pieces and the previous owner had cut the middle aluminum support for the roof for some reason. Someone also ran in to it with a forklift, I'm thinking thin sheet metal diamond plate to get those holes covered up.

Since I got it I have put a big red motor on it from plum quik, the heavy duty reversing contactor and solenoid from scottyb and now I'm waiting on my mcor conversion kit because I couldn't get anything more than about 4 mph out of it and I'm suspecting the potentiometer is the culprit. 500 Amp FSIP was in there before I got it. Also I have adjusted all 4 brakes and now it stops great.

Thanks for any help on the question about extending Jakes upper brush guard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Transporter.jpg (165.2 KB, 0 views)
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car