lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2015, 11:07 AM   #1
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent headlight wiring to converter

Happy Monday! Just bought basic light kit from a local shop to install on my 48v Precedent. It was an open box item and was missing the instructions and some connections were cut off the loose wires. I already have a 48-12v converter so the guy at the parts counter said I was good to go and handed me one page of hand written instructions that were nothing more than "connect plug A into receptacle B" but no pictures or descriptions of what those were! Sold "as-is", no warranty and no return for $50 and apparently no help, either.

I checked this site along with vendors on the web and found some great videos and more details. So, at least now I know how to run the harness and what all the plugs are. It says to plug the fused blue wire to the blue connecter at pack + and the black wire to the yellow bullet coming out of the controller. Where do I connect it to my 12v converter? Do I need to intercept the + wire in the loom and run it to the converter or can I connect the blue fused wire and the black - wire to the converter directly?

I thought I had found a great deal but maybe not. Thanks in advance for bailing me out of this one.
Greg
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent headlight wiring to converter

maybe this will help,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln-_h89dyw4
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks. I did see it and every other one from them. Great videos (could use minor improvement in detail) but they are not much help for my problem. That particular video is for a 4x12v pack where they can get 12v natively. Mine is 6x8v. I can connect the supply wires to either 16v (across two batteries) or to the full 48v pack as the instructions given to me indicate. Nowhere can I find guidance how to connect this to my 12v converter.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The wires You are referring to are from the bucket harness.

They are typically connected to the batteries since the factory location for the 48v to 12v converter is on the front of the cart.

Since You already have a 48v-12v converter installed under the seat, those wires need to be connected to the 12v output of the converter.

Do not connect them directly to 16v or 48v.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:40 PM   #5
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/DC_Reducer.html

You can see how in the schematic your light kit should connect, I was looking for a better pick but couldn't find it in the search.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The wires You are referring to are from the bucket harness.

They are typically connected to the batteries since the factory location for the 48v to 12v converter is on the front of the cart.

Since You already have a 48v-12v converter installed under the seat, those wires need to be connected to the 12v output of the converter.

Do not connect them directly to 16v or 48v.
Yes, they are part of the BH. Thank you for confirming my suspicion.
Greg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car