lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2015, 10:19 PM   #11
Volfan60
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Dpi accusense charger issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Typically, If DPI feels it warranted they will send a replacement circuit board if you are confident you can replace it and send the old one back to them.

One last thing to check before you call - what is the voltage reading in the charge receptacle? In other words what is the charger seeing when you plug it in?
That is good to know about dpi. My dad is an electrician and I took it to him today to look over . After testing all the components, the computer board had no voltage reading the fuses were fine. The charge receptacle reads 50.3 (which is exactly what the voltage meter says that I purchased from you ). Hopefully they will exchange it
Volfan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2016, 11:24 PM   #12
Volfan60
Not Yet Wild

So here it is.... I have had quite a time dealing with these people. I mailed off the board 2 weeks ago and have had heard nothing. I've called to make sure it was received my number was taken and no return call. This has gone on 3 separate calls and have talked to the guy over the warranty and no answer at all. No return call, nothing. Not to mention just getting someone on the phone to give me a RMA # took 4 phone calls and 10 days. I understand the holidays and all but it is laughable that I can't even get a return call. Customer service is not good there and I'm frustrated . My batteries have not been charged in 6 weeks now and all I want to know is status. Because if it won't be warrantied then I'm gonna have to buy the board anyway. rant over
Old 01-14-2016, 01:00 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Email me all the information and I will contact them on your behalf. This is not normal.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:02 AM   #14
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Was going to get a DPI when I made the switch to 48 volts. Murphy's Law applies to any machine, man, or beast but ongoing customer dis-service is a deal breaker. Following.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:00 AM   #15
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

They had my charger for a month. It was a good thing I saved my old charger. I had to put the jumper in but it worked enough to keep me going.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Happy customers don't post like unhappy customers. So for every one you see posting a problem figure hundreds of happy customers not interested in posting about it.
Personally I have never experienced anything like this from DPI. All customers I have sent to DPI tech support have received good service.

I am anxiously waiting for the customer to email the purchase date, model #, his name, address, and problem or symptom to me so that I can contact my rep and resolve this asap for him.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #17
Volfan60
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the delay ( close death in family). Yesterday I received a voicemail from the DPI tech ,he said the new board should be mailed back that day and apologized for the delayed response ( they were extremely busy from being shut down for two weeks etc. etc.). Anyway, no harm I suppose, I just wanted to know the status. I'm sure they are a fine establishment. I will say that when I called the last time I did explain the no return call issue to the receptionist and she included it in the note to the tech (Wednesday ) and received the call yesterday . Anyway thank you Scotty for the support.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:22 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Okay, that is understandable. Keep us posted.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:02 AM   #19
Volfan60
Not Yet Wild

Another update. I received the new computer board. (It was covered under warranty). The new board looks slightly different than the original,the two glass 30a fuses are replaced by two smaller white fuses. Anyway, the instructions say it is basically a new design. So after I put it all back together, I plug it into the cart and the yellow "charging" light just blinks and charger itself doesn't cut on. Voltage of pack was 48.5 which , according to the charts in the sticky is approximately 50% charge. The manual for the charger says " but if your 48V battery pack was allowed to severely discharge to less than 42v (10.5v for every 12v battery), then this stage can last as long as 5hrs". So I just left it plugged up yesterday and I'm hoping it was able to charge. I'm gonna go check it this morning. The cart is not at my house so that's why I have not checked it yet
Old 01-21-2016, 08:37 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like it's time to do some testing on the cart.
For simplicity - do you have access to another charger to try on the cart?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car