lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default What would be better?

I know this was discussed many times but with these new controllers out there it doesn't seem cut and dry as it once was maybe. So I'm Just curious as to what you think would be a better option to get the most bang for your buck.

Lest say fairly newer cart either style, say 2010 and above just to simplify/narrow it down some. What would be the better option, lets keep it very basic and minimal, we all know that to get the maximum results you basically rebuild or replace the major components and wiring etc. but I'm looking and minimal cost but most performance, say budget range $200 to $700.

What are your thoughts?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What would be better?

I will Narrow the scope more to a Sepex Model.

I think the Controller is by far the biggest bottleneck in the OEM cart.

The Alltrax XCT48400IQ at this time appears to be the best $/Performance value proposition.

The overall best $/Performance is the Speed magnet, but that will not improve torque and it Removes the Regen brake.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I will Narrow the scope more to a Sepex Model.

I think the Controller is by far the biggest bottleneck in the OEM cart.

The Alltrax XCT48400IQ at this time appears to be the best $/Performance value proposition.

The overall best $/Performance is the Speed magnet, but that will not improve torque and it Removes the Regen brake.
Speed magnet, much like the $5 speed 'chip' for the Ezgo PDS
I have researched this market thoroughly, talking with manufactures, techs, engineers, and end users.
At this point I have to agree that Alltrax XCT400 is the best bang for your buck with the biggest performance enhancement, the best user interface and free program, plus the longest (2 yr) warranty.

And they are on sale now.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #4
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Very interesting, not too long ago I would of thought the speed magnet or motor re-wind would of benefited more. From my experience (which isn't that much on carts) I regret not keeping the re-gen feature on in my first build, the way it is used if you're not going up hill you're going down hill and it would of been a safety thing more than anything else. Now for my home street cart this controller upgrade may be my best option.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car