lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
blackty
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default My review of Plowman's Riot Kit

I have an '06 G22E with a 6" lift, 22" tires and a rear seat. Our campground has some fairly steep hills from the pond to the lodge and the pool to the upper sites. I installed the kit a couple of weeks ago, but wanted to test the cart in different scenarios. Top speed down my street with a phone app speedometer was 29mph. I do have a windshield, but it was folded down. My batteries are 2-3 years old from Sam's Club. I was only seeing 40.9 volts at full throttle on level ground. Better batteries may yield a higher speed. Being at the campground, torque is more important to my application. Well this weekend we tested it, and I can tell you that I am extremely happy. I found myself doing wheelies with 4 people on the cart, even down hill. Carrying 4 people up and down the various hills posed no problem for my cart. I will tell you that you have to be careful when starting out. Tires will spin on grass or stone if you hit the go pedal too fast. On blacktop, you will be looking at the sky. My wife is convinced I will get us kicked out of the campground. Now, a couple of things I found out along the way...The wiring diagram from Alltrax is incorrect for the G22, you must wire it as if it were a YDRE. A stock motor and controller and solenoid are not designed to do what I have been asking them to do for the past few years, this kit is. And most importantly, Don has THE BEST customer service I have ever dealt with, period. He was texting me back and forth while determining that the diagram was incorrect, and then for a couple of days after to make sure I was happy. When I told him that I was only getting 29 mph, we double checked everything, gave the motor some time to break in, and then checked my voltage under load. From there we determined that my top speed was to be expected given the lower load voltage. Am I happy??? YES Would I recommend to a friend??? YES, and did...Jim
blackty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: My review of Plowman's Riot Kit

semi-correct about the G22, if your G22 has the small Moric controller, then the motor & controller cables should be treated like a Ydre.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:19 AM   #3
blackty
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I stand corrected. I did have the Moric control, not the GE. Sorry for the confusion...Jim
Old 07-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Very nice! I wonder what kind of numbers you'll get when it's time to replace the battery pack? My batteries are newer than yours and I typically get around 47-48V under load, just imagine what your cart would do with numbers like that. Enjoy.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #5
blackty
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

From what I understand, a few mph. Hauled us around all weekend and must have ridden 10-12 wheelies with 3-4 people on it and was just as snappy when I parked it as when it just came off the charger. The old motor was so bad that I would have to charge it every night, and even then it would crap out if we drove around too much. Very pleased...Jim
Old 07-31-2016, 08:50 AM   #6
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackty View Post
From what I understand, a few mph. Hauled us around all weekend and must have ridden 10-12 wheelies with 3-4 people on it and was just as snappy when I parked it as when it just came off the charger. The old motor was so bad that I would have to charge it every night, and even then it would crap out if we drove around too much. Very pleased...Jim
Just pulled the trigger on a long travel kit and same size wheels/tires as yours. My question is this, a bad motor or tired motor can draw so much power that it could cause the need to charge batteries every night? And your new motor, being a bigger motor, bigger controller new solenoid, uses possible less energy due to being newer? I'm looking to do a new motor and controller and such, just trying to clarify your results. I would like to get what you got for sure!!!!

I do have to charge my batteries pretty frequently and was just figuring on that my terrain was just so steep that the cart needed it. It goes up and down the driveway maybe a few times a day. It's been this way since we got new batteries a few years ago.

Sorry for the drawn out long speech. Thanks for the review!
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:00 AM   #7
blackty
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm not an electrical guy, just my results. I'm pretty sure my motor was shorting internally, maybe that was eating the power??? That and the new motor is not working as hard because it was designed for more?? Not sure.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #8
blackty
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Or I may have perceived my batteries being low when the motor was just giving out over time...Jim
Old 07-31-2016, 02:30 PM   #9
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Gotch. Thanks for the reply! I look forward to similar results!
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:15 PM   #10
blackty
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You will be happy. Hold on, it will sneak up on you...Jim
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha