lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Lateparker
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 YDRE New to Electric carts want to upgrade

Just picked up a new to me, 48v Drive. I would like to dive right in and get the cart up to speed, faster than stock, but I'm coming from a gas version so I do not know where to start.

I've check quite a few posts on here and they've helped.

Where I am lost is...... Do i get the 300a,400a, or 500a Alltrax? Do I go ahead and get a different solenoid as well(which one?)? Looks like a bigger fuse will also be needed when I put a Alltrax in?? Overall I would like to be able to go about 23-25mph or somewhere in that range. Any help would be appreciated, along with part numbers as well if needed.
Lateparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 YDRE New to Electric carts want to upgrade

I’m following- I have the exact same YDRE and I’m interested in the same upgrades!

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I would first do axle maintenance, change the oil, check/lube the hubs. Adding horsepower won't help a neglected axle, and Team axle parts can be $$$$.

Next, consider how you will build/use it. Lifted & 22" or taller tires for off-road use. Or moderate tire size increase and street use.

I would first order some large cables, whole set, 4g or 2g even better.

The solenoid question is a issue of age, not ratings. Original was a good one rated at 225a continuous, but it's 10 years old.

I would go with a Alltrax XCT-48400-YDRE for "street", larger for off-road, but the larger controller is perfectly suitable for street.

I would give ScottyB a call on a motor upgrade, and I am also liking the new FSIP motors.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #4
Lateparker
Not Yet Wild

This is where the cart sits now. I like that stance it has so I won't lift it. Its a neighborhood cruiser for the most part. Don't mind the garbage OU decal, its being removed

So I shouldn't worry about the solenoid? I feel as though just because of age I should replace it, fairly cheap to do, specific brand I need to replace it with?

2G wires will be a good choice for me.

XCT-48400 is what I will look into.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart.jpg (76.7 KB, 0 views)
Lateparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Like cgtech said, get ahold of ScottyB (site sponsor). He will program the XCT for you, and his package comes with a fuse and hd solenoid. That upgrade alone will get you into the low 20's. Adding a new motor can get you close to 30. I'd be looking into ausco brakes though, because obviously the wet brake isn't designed to stop a 25-30 mph cart.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:51 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The OEM motor can handle a 400XCT controller. This controller requires a 200 amp solenoid like SW180. If a big motor is in your future ( and you should be looking forward when running this tin can Hitachi motor) then use the XCT500 throttled back to 400 specs. Throttled back it too can run the SW180 solenoid but when turned up it requires the MZJ400A 400a solenoid.
Just did the 400/200 upgrade on my 2013 YDRE...here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ht-yamaha.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:56 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I put the XCT300 in my 2012 and night and day difference. I would also go the 400 route but another member here bought the 300 and needed more and let the 300 go right. Had to make a few mods to the bracket and the wiring harness but other than that, easy peasy..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:32 PM   #8
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I put the XCT300 in my 2012 and night and day difference. I would also go the 400 route but another member here bought the 300 and needed more and let the 300 go right. Had to make a few mods to the bracket and the wiring harness but other than that, easy peasy..

How fast is it with the 300?

LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:57 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Stock motor is 22 at best, but that motor won't last forever anyway.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:11 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
How fast is it with the 300?

TBO I didn't put a speedo on it but much faster than it was. The original poky ness is what made me do it. This is my sister and mom's cart so just wanted a little more pep and reliable so the 300 was the ticket
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha