lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2019, 10:28 PM   #1
Joshlarsen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Controller upgrade, Speed Increase

I have a 2015 G29 48v Yamaha cart. It has a stock motor, controller, solenoid but does have upgraded wheels and tires. Tires are 20in tall and the cart currently runs about 14mph on flat road. I just got the cart but will primarily be using it around the neighborhood on roads with small hills. I would like to try and increase the top speed to about 25 or more but dont want to spend a fortune.
I'm looking to upgrade the stock controller to an Alltrax XCT400 and a 200amp solenoid and keep running the stock motor for a little while.

Any idea what kind of speed I can push out of the stock motor by just upgrading the controller and solenoid? I dont know what motor it has in it other than its black with a silver end and it doesn't have any stickers or marking on it left.
Joshlarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Controller upgrade, Speed Increase

im in the same boat! about to uprade to either Alltrax 400 or 500a controller. I have ZERO torque.
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Stock motor will do about 22mph with the controller you are looking at, with stock tires. So your larger street tires will put you around 24 or so, with much more torque. Just about perfect for your needs. The weak stock motor doesn't last forever used this way, so start stashing away $ here & there for the day the motor craps out.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:12 PM   #4
notez2beat
Not Yet Wild

Will aftermarket motors work with the 400 amp motor or do most require the 500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
notez2beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:21 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes, nearly all aftermarket Sepex motors would do fine on 400a, but you have to chose one that's generally compatible with your cart (right speed sensor, right axle type).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:39 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The XCT 400 has a peak output of 460 amps. That about equals the old 500 amp controller outputs. 400-460 is plenty for today's more efficient aftermarket sepex motors. I have an FSIP speed motor mated to a XCT300 control (350 peak) for 2 years now without a problem - still goes over 25 mph quickly.

The XCT500 includes the fan kit and turned down to 450 max plays will with most all stock motors and leaves a bit of headroom in terms of not overworking the controller
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
notez2beat
Not Yet Wild

Thank you both, great info!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
notez2beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha