lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
TXTer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1996 EZGo TXT reed switch wiring

I recently acquired an old, tired 1996 E-Z-Go TXT. It is my first golf cart. I bought 6 new batteries to get started. Cart was no go. The controller was in sad condition. It had overheated at some point to where the plastic case had melted and deformed. I replaced the controller with one from a 1997 TXT. Still no go. A little research and I notice now that the red wire from the charger port has a break in it. The reed switch is no longer connected to the F&R Switch. The spade connector at the other end is not plugged in to either of the micro switches on the F&R. I suspect this may be the reason for the no go status. How is this supposed to be wired?? Where does the spade connector connect to? Thanks in advance.
TXTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1996 EZGo TXT reed switch wiring

Here's a picture of how to bypass the reed switch. Also welcome to the forum! This should be moved to the Electric forum for better response.

Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #3
TXTer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks!. Where does the red wire connect on the other end? The current has to flow from this side to the F&R switch in order for the solenoid to activate?
TXTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #4
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Where it goes depends on what type of drive system your cart has, is it a series or sepex drive? Also if you look at the top of the electric EZ GO section there are stickies you can look at to find your carts wiring diagram.

Ez-Go Drive Type ID.jpg
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO