lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2014 48v G29 Alltrax will not move

I have fixed carts up as a hobby. It always seems that Yamahas confound me. This one has me dizzy.

I got this cart a few months ago and it ran fine, totally stock just like it came off a golf course. It became intermittent and would do absolutely nothing at times. I did the push test with the run tow in run and got nothing with batteries charged up. After checking here I thought controller which could stand to be replaced anyway.

I replaced the controller with an Alltrax 48400, no luck. I called Alltrax and after some troubleshooting told me to return the controller which I did and they sent another one.
So far I have replaced:
controller (twice)
solenoid (with a 400amp one)
throttle position sensor
I have also tried jumping the key switch and the run/tow switch.
Still nothing. No reverse alarm, no solenoid click, nothing at all.
Batteries each show more than 8v and pack shows 50v

The only thought I have left is the motor but I don't want to waste more money. I am at a complete loss here as I approach $3k in this cart.

Any help is deeply appreciated.
Chris135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2020, 12:54 PM   #2
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 48v G29 Alltrax will not move

check the foot pedal switch. They are notorious for failing
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #3
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thus far I have replaced the controller (twice) the solenoid and the throttle position sensor. I have jumpered the key switch and the tow/run to see if it may be one of those. I took the cart to another shop (thats two now) and neither can figure whats wrong with it. The only thing I can think of is a wiring harness.
Does anyone know where I can acquire a YDRE wiring harness?
Chris135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Did you buy the Alltrax from Plowman's? If so, download the Alltrax Tool Kit and also Team Viewer. Can Don PLowman and he'll have you hook the controller to your laptop and troubleshoot the cart. He's helped me twice and is a WORLD of knowledge on Yamaha's.

Also, Ron and Will at Alltrax are very helpful.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:41 AM   #5
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Here's another thing, on the G29's Yamaha used small gauge wires in the harness and they're notorious for rubbing in the under body channels and shorting things. My cart wouldn't do anything. I called Ron at Alltrax and we went through so many tests on the wiring harness. We found that on the no. 6 pin (red wire) in the harness which goes from the controller to the pedal switch had power coming from the controller, but no power at the pedal switch. There was wire break or short between the controller and switch. The wire runs through the under body channel and no way to fish a new wire through.

I cut the wire about 6" from the controller and ran a new wire under the body and to the foot pedal switch. At the pedal switch, you should have constant power on the brown wire and full power on the red wire when pedal is pushed.

Alltrax can get you a electrical schematic of the controller which is a big help and it shows all the pins in the harness.

This is my third Yamaha and this cart is posessed, but I think I have all the electrical bugs worked out with the help of Don Plowman and Alltrax.

Good luck and report back
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha