lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
KuSchneider
Not Yet Wild

Default Value on a Workhorse and what to inspect prior to purchase

Looking to buy a 2001 Workhorse it is about a 90 minute drive to check it out so I want as much info as I can get ahead of time.

Seller got it from his M-I-L who used to to cruise a campground where she lived. Never really worked it sounds like just hauling trash to he dumpster and stuff like that. The M.I.L. passed and has been sitting on a battery tender for about a year or so.

Electric dump, winter cover, and new tires and wheels. Think he is looking for $3500-ish.
KuSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Value on a Workhorse and what to inspect prior to purchase

It's getting harder to find a clean Workhorse with the Robins 2 cyl and that looks like a nice one, I'd go for it if it runs good and I bet it does.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Depends on where you live re value. Back in GA that wouldn't sell for more than about $2500. Ive moved to michigan now and something that nice would go for probably 3500-4k here. Especially with the price of used carts skyrocketing since covid...

That's a nice looking rig though. Check to make sure it doesn't smoke, and the valves don't tick. Might be worth taking a 10mm socket and pull off the valve cover. On top of the adjusters for the valve lash, check the threads showing on top of the lock nuts. If there's a lot mkre threads showing on the 2 valves in the middle compared to the 2 outside valves, then the intake valves.are sunk into the head and will need to be replaced. Not uncommon at all, and only about 60 bucks in parts but worth checking.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:03 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I would snap that up immediately. Looks like it also has an electric dump bed. Its clean well looked after too. I bet it has virtually no hours use on it too. It has the older more reliable Robin twin engine and with that cab cover is a steal.

Oh. Forget that, its probably trash, i better jump on a plane and check it out before you get there LOL.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO