lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2020, 10:50 PM   #1
TJsMan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default GXT-804/Marathon Running Rich

Hey all!

I've been wrenching on the cart this weekend and I pulled off and cleaned the carburetor. Prior to this I would have to sometimes choke the engine even when it was warm but now after I reinstalled it it seems to be running rich. It's a little bit down on power and I'm getting the occasional small puff/backfire out the tail pipe. I'm wondering if I messed up an adjustment on the carb when I cleaned it. Is there an option to adjust the fuel/air mix on the carb? Sorry for the seemingly simple question, I haven't fiddled with Carbs much.

This is on a pre MCI 295cc Robins. Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to try any adjustment options before I spring for a new carb.
TJsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2020, 01:04 AM   #2
TJsMan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: GXT-804/Marathon Running Rich

I’m not sure if bumping a thread is allowed so forgive me if not. I’m hoping someone has some insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TJsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:06 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: GXT-804/Marathon Running Rich

Its always best to adjust your valves first. .004 on both intake and exhaust.
These engines are known for worn intake valves.
Unfortunately carburetors don't always cause the issue you are referring to.
Also when you mentioned buying a new carburetor. I would hope not one of those $20 ones. ?
There is really no adjusts you need to make on one of these carburetors other than making sure the idle screw is all the way back. These carts don't idle unless it was like a beverage cart.
Check those valves. Take a picture when you got the valve cover off and we can tell if your intake valves are worn.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO