lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2021, 07:42 PM   #1
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 TXT, Should I get it?

I have a few posts on the 07 MPT I did the engine on. I was looking for a top for it and one of the local cart dealers here has an 07 TXT with the struts and top that, I gather, also fit the MPT. The cart has sat in the corner of their shop for quite a while and they have used it a something of a parts cart. They would like to get it out of the way and will sell it to me for $800. The question is, should I buy it?

Obviously that depends on what's there and what's not. I'm dealing with the parts guy and he does not know a lot about the cart itself. Says the engine is in it and ran fine before they parked it. Is missing the driven clutch and some other parts. He sent me a few pictures of it and it looks like the following parts are AWOL. Driven clutch, access panel, top of air filter canister, seat, coils and bracket, seat bottom, drive belt, fuel pump, electrical component cover, not sure on the ignitor and solenoid (but am assuming they are gone).

I did look around online and I think I could get all of that stuff for about $1200, the ignitor ($500) being the high dollar item and then the fuel pump and driven clutch. Are there other components I should consider that are very expensive or difficult to get for an 07 TXT? I am assuming the basics of the chassis are fine (or good enough) so I don't mean those. I just mean items I might not have considered that makes keeping these things on the road a challenge because they are very expensive or not available. Also, are there after market alternatives for the ignitor, driven clutch and fuel pump. A quick look online brought up a much cheaper ignitor but do they work?

I wasn't really looking for another cart but thought, if I am going to put $400-$600 into a top for the MPT - maybe get this for the top and then see if I can get it going as well.

Cause you know we never have enough projects.
Tfastle@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2021, 08:38 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 TXT, Should I get it?

The front top struts will work on the MPT but not the rear. They are still available for aournd $60 each. I was also told yesterday because of the size of the front strut they could not ship them to me . This was from a dealer. Not sure about other dealer. You could maybe check. It would have to be a large box to ship it in.

Now for the top. Yes that one would fit off the TXT but the price they are wanting for a junked out cart, not sure just yet. Is the body decent ? and I assume the differential is still there ?

I also wonder if the pulser coil is still on the engine. Even though they very hardly ever go bad if they do it is next to impossible to find an OEM now. I am betting the engine is bad also.

The seat bottom is the same as a TXT also . I have bought several and put them on the 2004-2008 MPT's .

Most people I know have had bad luck with aftermarket ignition parts .

This Covid stuff has made everything hard to get but I think that is going to get better.

I would check some more trying to find a top. It would be worth a 100 mile drive to buy one if the price were right but then again you got to have the front two struts. The more I look at it if the top was good and it had the front strut then maybe the price is not all that bad.

Golf cart stuff has gone out the top in prices. I would have never believed this four years ago.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:55 PM   #3
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

I probably wasn't clear in my post. I was just looking for the top but when I ran across this one I asked him if they might want to sell the whole cart. He said the owner would for $800. Never really said how much for just the top.

I was thinking, if the engine was good, I could probably get it going for a reasonable amount. I think you have a good point on the engine, why did they park it and start taking parts off it if the engine was good?

The pulsar coil is an excellent point. Stuff like that is what I am talking about that might make it just not worth getting running. I will probably take a look at it next week and just want to make sure I check for things like that. What I don't want to do is buy it and then realize I need $3000 worth of parts to get it running.

I will keep looking around but pretty slim pickings in New Mexico as far as cart dealers or shops go.

Thanks for the info.
Tfastle@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:14 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’m with trig. I’d just look forward a top. I’m all about cheap carts but a few things here are red flags for me personally. And this is just my opinion...

If it ran why did they park it and steal parts from it?
What parts are missing? As said many are getting really hard to find oem and aftermarket is junk.
800 for a non running cart missing parts is pretty steep. Bodies are cheap... clutches are not. Ignition parts are not. Seats are not.
Mostly, it’s a 2007 which would be mci. It’s no secret I very much dislike the mci motors.

Personally if you were looking for the roof, I’d ask about the roof. Maybe offer 400ish for the cart since it’s known to be missing parts and unknown condition otherwise. But I couldn’t justify paying much more than that. Keep looking. When I needed a roof for my carryall I found a flood damaged electric DS for $50
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:23 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

They get parked because the motor blew or it went into a lake . and trashed everything.

After working at a golf course we had both. Lakes and blown engines.

I can tell you once its parked then parts begin to come off and never replaced.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO