lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
cudel
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Plans for a G1 lift

Does anyone have plans for a G1 lift kit to build myself?
cudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Plans for a G1 lift

I'm sure there are several here that have built them. Pretty sure they are more or less a spacer type lift.

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Do a search for "G1 lift" in the Yamaha and Lifted Golf Carts sections. Plenty of examples of homemade lift kits. Study the pictures and you will see it is not hard to do if you can weld. In the front you need to drop the mounting points for the A-arms and move them forward a couple of inches. The rear is lifted by simple shock extensions.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #4
cudel
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So when i raise the rear or the shocks up ? mmmmmmmmmm what happens with the drive clutch does it stay there or do i go to a longer belt?
cudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #5
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The engine and drivetrain are mounted on a subframe or swingarm. The front of the subframe is attached to the main frame with bushings, the rear is attached to the mainframe by the shocks. When you lift the rear, you "lengthen" the shocks. This makes the rear of the subframe drop down (raises the body higher above the subframe).The relationship between the primary and secondary clutches has not changed, just the angle of the subframe. So, no you will not need a different belt. You may run into one other problem, however. The end of the engine clutch sticks out beyond the side of the subframe, and when the body is lifted up, the clutch may hit on the main frame. On the G1 up to four inches of lift is generally OK without causing problems. More than four inches and you have to bend or cut the frame to allow the clutch to clear. Without the clearance, you may not be able to spin your engine over to start it, or the clutch will not release the belt and go into neutral when you let off the gas.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

If you have the comet duster clutch, the clutch cover is the only thing that hits. you can take it off if you dont plan on submerging the cart in mud.
tjc02002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #7
1320n8
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

From what I have read, the old style clutch in not made any more. Can you fine a used one and rebuild it?
1320n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Used old style clutches are around, check the For Sale section, post a WTB. I don't believe there are any replacement parts available for them, however. What you get is what you get. If you have a new style clutch and are lifting your buggy, you might have to do something like this to the frame:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1991.jpg (45.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 03-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
skarp
Gone Wild

Here is a pic of my G1 with old style clutch and indented frame to clear.

Hope it helps!

I have an extra old style clutch that I would sell....pm me if interested!

Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2192.jpg (99.9 KB, 21 views)
skarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #10
1320n8
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the infor.. Basically I am out of the fabrication part of it right now. Was asking for parts reason only. Didn't want to find a cart with the old style clutch and couldn't replace it. When I buy a cart it will need to be in good shape and run great. So I would need one that the parts are easy to find and replace. Can't work on them, had a back injury last year and still recovering.
1320n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha